One Bowl Chocolate Cake. All ingredients, one bowl, one spoon (or mixer) and done.
You all know I have a thing for cake, layer cakes in particular. However sometimes life calls for a single layer, one bowl cake for everyone to enjoy. That’s where my favorite One Bowl Chocolate Cake recipe comes in. Rich, moist and simple, this cake is a crowd pleaser.
ONE BOWL CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- First you are going to place your dry ingredients into you mixing bowl.
- Next will be the liquid ingredients.
- Whisk till smooth and done!
- You can use a mixer or a bowl and whisk, either way works for this cake
- The buttercream is super rich and delicious. I recommend a mixer or handheld mixer to make sure that the butter and cream cheese get blended really well together.
- If you feel that your arm muscles can handle it and you don’t have any of the above tools you can attempt mixing by hand. Use a rubber spatula, make sure your butter and cream cheese really are room temp. Mix, mash and blend the cream cheese and butter together until blended. The rest of the ingredients should mix fairly easily.
- When it comes time to add the melted chocolate do so in little bits at a time so it gets properly mixed in between additions.
- Sprinkles I used were by Simply Sucre “Neon Party” mix.
Enjoy this single layer One Bowl Chocolate cake with friends and family or just by yourself.
More cake recipes you may like:
PIN FOR LATER! 🙂
One Bowl Chocolate Cake
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg large - room temp
- 1/4 cup + 2Tbsp buttermilk - room temp
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 oz cream cheese - room temp
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter - room temp
- 5 oz semisweet chocolate - melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup heavy cream - room temp
- 1 pinch salt
- CAKE:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 8 inch pan and line bottom with parchment. To a large bowl add the cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined. (this can be done with a mixer or a whisk. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth and everything is combined. Pour batter into pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. BUTTERCREAM:In medium bowl add the sugar, cocoa and salt together. Whisk to combine.In bowl of mixer beat the cream cheese and butter until completely combine and smooth. Bring speed of mixer to low and gradually add in the cocoa mixture, mix until completely combined. With mixer on low/medium pour melted chocolate in a steady stream into mixture and mix until completely combined. Add in the heavy cream, mix until completely combined and smooth.ASSEMBLY:Once cake is cooled and buttercream is prepared place cake onto cake plate. Spread with buttercream and sprinkles (optional).