Chocolate Chip Pound Cake. When your day (or night) calls for a rich cake studded with chocolate chips!
Pound cake is a European classic, named because it called for 1 pound each of the main ingredients (flour, eggs, butter, sugar), making it 4 pounds. I don’t think this version is anywhere near 4 pounds, though to be honest I didn’t actually weight it. It is heavier than a usual cake though which is typical, that is what makes it so gosh darn delicious.
When I think of pound cake I think of a time when you don’t want a celebration cake but you still want a classy, delicious dessert that will be the perfect companion for conversation and coffee. A small gathering of sorts of close friends and family.
CHOCOLATE CHIP POUND CAKE:
- Chocolate chips just make everything better, even pound cake! Rich, buttery, dense pound cake filled with rich chocolate chips that snap with each bite! This Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is heaven on the tastebuds.
- The addition of cream cheese adds a great richness.
- While cake flour adds a “little” lightness.
- The rich buttery flavor is reminiscent of a chocolate chip cookie batter.
- Best pan for this recipe is a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Be sure to grease the loaf pan and flour it. I also suggest lining the pan with parchment. Parchment is optional but I have had enough cakes not release properly so I parchment all my cake pans.
- Make sure all your ingredients are room temperature.
- I poured warm ganache over this pound cake. Then I added some buttercream flowers which are completely optional. The ganache on its own is phenomenal and I recommend it over buttercream. I just had extra flowers from practicing so I added them for looks.
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is just what your small gathering needs! Enjoy every bite!
PIN FOR LATER! You’ll be glad you did. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter - room temp
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 4 eggs large - room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- CAKE:Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F. Grease, flour and line 9x5x3 loaf pan with parchment.In medium bowl add the cake flour, baking powder and salt, whisk to combine. Set aside.In bowl of a mixer cream the butter. Beat in the sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Add in the cream cheese and mix until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, mix until combined.Add in the vanilla and mix until completely combined. With mixer on low add in the flour mixture in small increments. Mix until combined.Fold in chocolate chips. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.GANACHE:Heat heavy cream to just about boiling (but not boiling). Pour over chocolate chips, let sit for 1 min. Begin to stir with rubber spatula in small circular motions starting in the center and making your way to the outer edges of the bowl. Mix until completely combined. Let cool so it's not hot but still pourable. When ready pour over the Chocolate Chip Pound Cake.
Food photography of the month ! Absolutely fantastic ! Pinning and sharing the beauty !!!!!! 🙂
Awww! Thank you so much 🙂 Take care.