Pecan Pumpkin Bread with Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Glaze. The best pumpkin bread and glaze you’ll ever eat.
I meant to post this last night. I sat at the computer and thought I’m just going to see what some of my food blogging buddies are up to. 2 hours later it was time for bed. I think Fall really brings out such yummy comforting food, photos and recipes. I was in love with so many offerings and before I knew it no work got done on my part, lol. But I was ok with it, sometimes you just need to decompress and looking at beautiful, delicious food does that for me.
I can’t think of a better way to start the day than by bringing this amazing Pecan Pumpkin Bread with Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Glaze your way. If you want to start the Autumn vibe in your home then you need to bake this bread immediately. The smell is intoxicating, all the beautiful Fall like scents will fill your house. The bread itself is the most moist and delicious pumpkin can offer with the help of all the right spices and the added crunch of salted, roasted, pecans.
I’m a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to glazing pumpkin bread so I chose cream cheese for the base. However I wanted to add that “something special”. I added pumpkin spice flavor through the addition of Baileys Pumpkin Spice, its smooth and creamy like the classic Baileys but has the added flavoring of all the spices you would find in a pumpkin pie. It took the cream cheese glaze to a whole new level.
The garnish is simple but perfect! Salted, roasted pecans. Sweet, crunchy and right bit of salty to balance the sweet.
Put the Pecan Pumpkin Bread together with the Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Glaze and you have the most magical Fall experience you could ever smell and taste.
Cheers to Autumn!!
Here are some of the items that helped me make this Pecan Pumpkin Bread with Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Glaze.
- Bread Pan – 9×5 is what I used for this bread.
- Roasted Pecans – I used the salted ones to balance some of the sweet.
- Penzeys Spices Cinnamon – great cinnamon and I enjoy the using Penzeys products.
- Penzeys Spices Cloves – great cloves and again I really like the Penzeys products
- Penzeys Spices Ground Ginger – great ginger from Penzeys.
Please note some of the links above are affiliate links which means if you purchase from the link I get a small commission. I use these products and stand behind them which is why I chose to tell you about them. Thank you for your support.
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is. Thanks.
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp cloves
- ¾ tsp ginger (I used dried)
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup canola oil (or vegetable)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chopped salted roasted pecans
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 3 Tbsp butter, room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp Baileys Pumpkin Spice (optional but recommended, if not using substitute with 2 Tbsp milk)
- Salted, roasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line bread pan with parchment paper, set aside. My bread pan was 9x5 x 3
- In medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger.
- In large bowl whisk in the eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar.
- Stir in the pumpkin.
- Add in the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared bread pan.
- Bake 65-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- In bowl of mixer cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- With mixer on low add in the powdered sugar, then add in the Baileys Pumpkin Spice.
- Mix well until combined.
- Spread over the top of the bread, sprinkle with pecans.
- Store in cool, dry place.