The Best Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever. Crispy edges, chewy center, large baking chips and a sprinkling of sea salt make for one amazing cookie.
I’m dealing with work related computer hardware issues today so this is gonna be short and sweet (and chocolaty with a touch of sea salt).
You guys this is The Best Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever!! Ok, so I suppose this is just my opinion. Everyone has their own ideas as to what makes The Best Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever. But if you love crispy golden edges, chewy centers, buttery flavor jammed packed with larger than usual chocolate baking chips and a sprinkling of sea salt to wrap it all up then you are in good company. Come on over, we’ll eat a dozen 😉 .
Notice these chips are a bit larger in size, nothing wrong with that!! They are Guittard’s Super Cookie Chips. They are great in a cookie as you can see or right out of the bag, I like mine chilled, I love snappy/crunchy chocolate!!
Here are some of the items that helped make these cookies, thought you might find them helpful as well.
- Guittard’s Super Cookie Chips – larger than the average chip and delicious!!
Please note some of the links above are affiliate links which means if you purchase from the link I get a small commission. I use these products and stand behind them which is why I chose to tell you about them. Thank you for your support.
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is!! Thanks. Yum
The Best Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Super Cookie chocolate chips or standard chips
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars together until light.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- With mixer on low, gradually add in flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in the Super Cookie chocolate chips by hand until evenly distributed.
- Using cookie scoop scoop and drop cookies on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Roll each dough mound into a ball.
- Bake 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on edges and tops. (see notes regarding my crazy habit).
- Repeat until all the cookies are baked.
- Sprinkle with Sea Salt when pulled out of the oven.
- Cool completely.
SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave
Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop says
Oh boy! These do look delicious. Love those big chocolate chips! 🙂
Thanks Kathy! The bigger then better 😉 Take care.
I do love crispy golden edges, chewy centers, buttery flavor jammed packed with larger than usual chocolate baking chips and a sprinkling of sea salt! I do! I do! I saw these on Insta and couldn’t wait to run right over! These are divine! Pinned!!
Thanks Annie! Im so glad you like these, they are a classic staple in our house. Take care.
I love a buttery chewy chocolate chip cookie like this one! Even better with sea salt!!
Thanks Deepika! The sea salt really brings it all together!! Take care.
Katherine | Love In My Oven says
You’ve described (and created) my ideal cookie!! Crispy edges and a chewy inside…with a touch of salt!? You cannot go wrong with that. I love those larger than life chocolate chips! I will surely need to get my hands on those. Hope you had a great weekend (and your computer troubles get resolved). Cheers!
Thanks Katherine! Agreed, can never g wrong with this formula! And pc issues resolved for now, had to get a new one. Have a good week. Take care.
Thao @ In Good Flavor says
Thank you for reminding me to back up file files. I don’t do it nearly as often as I should. I’m sorry you had to replace your pc. Hopefully, you didn’t lose much. These cookies delicious! The sea salt on top is a perfect addition! I’m a fan of sweet and salty.
Hi Thao! Thank you. Backing up is always a good idea, I was thankful I was still able to do that (or rather the help desk did lol ). The sea salt really makes these pop! Take care.
Cheyanne @ No Spoon Necessary says
Eeeeks! Computer issues are no good! I hope you got everything sorted and taken care of, Stacey! When I saw these cookies on Insta, I immediately thought of my husband. He is a crispy edges cookie lover for life, so these are totally up his alley! Maybe if he is nice I will surprise him with a batch of these. 😉 Lol. Cheers, friend!
Thanks Cheyanne! Those crispy edges are a keeper!! I hope he’s nice 😉 . Take care.