Cream Cheese Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe. Moist and creamy lemony pound cake studded with sweet plump blueberries.
There is nothing like a great pound cake! Let me reiterate the word “great” because a bad pound cake can be just as memorable as a great pound cake but for all the wrong reasons. Rest assured this Cream Cheese Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is G-R-E-A-T!! The texture is moist, slightly dense and completely melts away like butter as you begin to chew it. This is what every cup of coffee or tea needs each morning.
Here’s why this Cream Cheese Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is a great pound cake:
- Though it weighs a pound its super creamy cake like texture will have you swooning for another bite 😉 .
- The lemon adds a wonderful vibrance to this cake.
- The blueberries are all about the plump sweetness plus just look at that color!!
- Though not necessary (but please don’t skip it) the cream cheese glaze on top just … well…puts the “icing on the cake”.
You all have heard me say it before but for the newbies I will say it again, sometimes you know how good a cake is going to be just by the texture and taste of the batter. The way the batter pours like thick ribbons into the prepared pan. There’s some real magic going on here and we haven’t even started baking yet.
I really loved watching this one bake, the top turned a beautiful shade of golden brown and the sweet aroma that filled the house was super enticing.
While the Cream Cheese Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake cooled (completely) I began to work on the topping. Did I want a runny glaze? Powdered sugar? Creamy, silky, sweet and tangy topping? Yes! that was the one, the creamy, silky, sweet and tangy topping. Cream Cheese Glaze to be exact. This pound cake just seemed worthy of a topping that could hold up to anything with pound in the name. A wimpy glaze (though they have their place) was not going to do here. But I should be clear that this is a softer topping. A bit softer than a frosting but stiffer than a runny glaze. Thats what makes it so wonderful, it melts away with the cake as you are eating it.
Sweet, creamy, moist, lemony with pops of blueberry sum of this wonderful Cream Cheese Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake. Put it on your baking to do list, your coffee break will thank you for it!!
You may also like these pound cake recipes:
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is. Thanks.
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese room temp
- 4 large eggs room temp and lightly beaten.
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups cake flour sifted
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries (I used fresh but frozen would work, thaw and drain first)
- 4 oz cream cheese room temp
- ¼ cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Handful of fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan and then line with parchment (parchment is optional but it helps insure that the cake releases from the pan).
- In medium bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- In bowl of mixer cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar, mix to combine.
- Add in the cream cheese, mix to combine and until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one spoonful at a time.
- Add in the vanilla and lemon zest. Mix to combine.
- Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
- With mixer on medium add in the flour mixture one spoonful at a time.
- Mix until batter is smooth. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes. Or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar one spoonful at a time.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Continue mixing until completely combined and smooth and creamy.
- Spread onto cooled cake with offset spatula.
- Sprinkle on blueberries and lemon zest.