Orange Scented Mini Pavlovas. Crispy, chewy meringues with a dollop of orange scented whipped cream!
Everybody getting their last minute New Years Eve plans in order? We’re going to have a quiet evening at home and Im happy about that. We’ll have some appetizers, champagne and some of these Orange Scented Mini Pavlovas.
If you couldn’t tell I have an obsession with ribbon candy!! I think it is one of the prettiest pieces of sugar art, it resembles glass and those colors are so intense and beautiful. So I did what any (not so normal) person would do, stacked it up, arranged it by color and photographed it lol. I also thought it would make a nice and colorful topping to these Orange Scented Mini Pavlovas. This is the time of the year where we all need to add some bright colors to our day.
Among one of my other favorites are pavlovas. I know we see them a lot in the spring but after all the heavy food from the holiday I was ready for something light and airy. These meringues are perfectly crispy on the outside yet have a slight chewiness on the inside. The whipped cream adds a light, cool creaminess and the orange is just the burst of fresh flavor we all need.
I hope you have a wonderfully safe and fun filled New Years Eve!! Maybe these Orange Scented Mini Pavlovas will make it on the menu!!
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is! Thanks.
Orange Scented Mini Pavlovas
- 4 egg whites room temperature
- 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2 and 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp orange zest
- Box of ribbon candy only use the fruit flavored and cinnamon ones
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Position oven rack to lower third of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Trace 3 inch circles on the parchment and then flip the parchment over so pencil/pen does not get on meringue, you will still see the circles through the paper.
- Whip with whisk attachment the egg whites until glossy.
- While still whipping slowly add in the sugar 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Continue whipping until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Sprinkle in the vinegar, cream of tarter and vanilla over the meringue mixture, fold into mixture until well combine.
- Spoon mixture onto parchment into each circle, use back of spoon or offset spatula to smooth out and put a slight indentation in the center for the whip later.
- Bake for 35 min, until dry to the touch but not brown. Turn off oven, DO NOT OPEN OVEN, leave to cool in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Bring out of oven to complete cooling.
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- Add whipping cream and sugar to mixing bowl, whip with whisk attachment until whipped cream forms.
- Add the orange zest, mix until combined.
- Gently (meringues are fragile) loosen meringues from parchment.
- Dollop a spoonful of whip on each one and garnish with ribbon candy or as desired.
- Keep in cool place until ready to serve.
Recipe for the pavlovas adapted from Martha Stewart Living.