Magical Oatmeal Nutty Toffee Bars. Oatmeal raisin base topped with pecans, walnuts, cashews, chocolate, toffee, coconut and pretzels! Trust me, you need these.
School officially started for our daughter this week. She’s a big girl now going to Kindergarten. I can’t help but go into total mom mode, packing lunches, snacks, preparing the night before. It may sound a little crazy but I absolutely love it. Of course mom mode wouldn’t be complete with out some bar cookies, because a special bar cookie is just a requirement once school begins isn’t it?
But this is not just any bar cookie, these are Magical Oatmeal Nutty Toffee Bars. These are a bar cookie on steroids and you’ll thank me for the overload later. As stated in the description above these bars are loaded to the max with the best flavors to make anyone love them. You can never go wrong with a soft, chewy oatmeal cookie base. Add in your favorite nuts, two kinds of chocolate, coconut, toffee and pretzels and you got yourself the king of all snacks. And of course drizzle because a little drizzle of chocolate goes a long way.
Alls you do is make your oatmeal cookie dough, press it into the pan, bake for a few minutes. Then all the toppings get evening sprinkled over the top. I saved the pretzels and toffee for last. Once the cookie comes out of the oven I just gently pressed pieces of salty, crunchy pretzels onto the top and sprinkled on the crumbled toffee and let cool completely. Then the fun of drizzling, its like the bakers version of finger paints 😉 .
This is a snack that will take you the extra mile through your day, it hits all the right notes, sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy. Don’t forget the milk!
Here are some of the items I used and were helpful in making this delicious Magical Oatmeal Nutty Toffee Bar.
- Guittard semi-sweet chocolate chips – super creamy and fine quality.
- Guittard white chocolate chips – these are so delicious, I eat them right from the bag.
- Bobs Red Mill Unsweetened Flake Coconut – this is so flaky and pretty in any dessert.
- Heath Toffee bits – easy to use and just as good as what is in the candy bar.
- Penzeys Apple Pie Spice – Penzey’s Apple Pie Spice is nice way to get all those comforting spices in one scoop.
Please note some of the links above are affiliate links which means if you purchase from the link I get a small commission. I use these products and stand behind them which is why I chose to tell you about them. Thank you for your support.
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is. Thanks. Yum
Magical Oatmeal Nutty Toffee Bars
- COOKIE BASE:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple pie spice mix if you don't have use 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup butter room temp
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups roll oats
- 3/4 cups raisins
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips plus more for drizzle
- 1 cup white chocolate chips plus more for drizzle
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
- In bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt and apple pie spice, stir to mix and combine. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl add the melted butter, sugars and mix well to combine.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- In small additions and mixer on low add the flour mixture and mix until just combine (do not over mix).
- By hand fold in the oats until well combined. And then fold in the raisins.
- Spread dough into bottom of 9x13 pan as evenly as possible, dough will be soft and sticky.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate chips, walnuts and pecans (hold the cashews) and coconut.
- Drizzle on the sweetened condensed milk, it will mostly cover the entire top.
- Scatter on the cashews.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Immediately gently press the pretzels onto the surface, careful not to burn yourself.
- Sprinkle on the toffee bits.
- Let cool completely.
- Drizzle with white and semisweet chocolate.
SaveSaveSaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave
Thao @ In Good Flavor says
These toffee bars are chock full deliciousness, Stacey! They look mouthwatering!! Your daughter is starting kindergarten off on the right foot with these bars for a treat. Pinning.
Hi Thao! Thanks so much, they are super yummy! And my daughter loves them. Take care.
Katherine | Love In My Oven says
Oh my goodness these are absolutely magical! I think this will be my next bar to make when I’m wanting something just totally indulgent. The flavours and fillings are perfect!!
Hi Katherine! Thank you! Indulgent is the right word!! Enjoy. Take care.
Oh my my!! These bars are so decadent!! They are loaded with all the good things in the world! Yumm!
Hi Deepika! Yes, they are definitely loaded and super good 😉 . Take care.
Kelsie | the itsy-bitsy kitchen says
My dear Stacey, you’ve created what has to be the best bar cookie I’ve ever seen. I’m all about the fully loaded cookie bars :). These sound amazing! And perfect for the first week of kindergarten–so exciting!
Hi Kelsie! Thanks!! They were a nice treat on such an important week 😉 . Amen to fully loaded, is there any other way lol ? Take care.