White Chocolate Salted Cashew Caramel Cookies. Crispy white chocolate and salted cashew studded cookies topped with soft caramel and more cashews.
I bought a bag of salted and roasted cashews this weekend as a somewhat healthy snack while having a cup of tea at night. Ever since I put the bag on the counter it’s been staring at me, then I swear I heard it say, “put me in a cookie, put me in a cookie, put me in a cookie…”. To which I replied, “but I can’t, you’re suppose to be my somewhat healthy snack…”. As you can see the cashews won!
If ever there was a cookie that could take you to a happy place this is it! I am so in love with this cookie. I had 3 dozen of them in the house. Now most folks would be ecstatic about this however I know myself and I have no self control. To give you an example, I set one aside for after my lunch today and the only thing left on the plate is crumbs and it’s only 9am, lol. So my mom was more than happy to pick up the rest and take them to work, from there they will probably be gone in 10 minutes. I watched them drive away as a sad feeling came over me while thinking, maybe I should have kept one more…
This White Chocolate Salted Cashew Caramel Cookie is crunchy on the exterior and slightly chewy in the center. I wanted to enhance the flavor of the cookie so I added more brown sugar than granulated sugar. The white chocolate adds a nice sweet creaminess to the crunch and chew of the cookie. The salted cashews add a hint of savory along side the buttery nuttiness of the cashew. In the center is small pool of soft caramel with a sprinkle of additional cashews.
So what to do you think? Cookie or dessert? I’ll let you be the judge.
White Chocolate Salted Cashew Caramel Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped salted roasted cashews plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup white chocolate chips + 1 cup melted for garnish
- 1 jar of your favorite caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line cookie sheets with parchment, set aside.
- In large bowl add the flour and baking soda, mix well to combine, set aside.
- In the bowl of mixture cream the butter and sugars.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- With mixture on low add in the flour mixture and mix until dough forms.
- By hand fold in the white chocolate chips and cashews.
- Using standard cookie scoop, scoop dough onto cookie sheet.
- Roll each dough mound into a ball and flatten with palm of your hand.
- Bake until golden brown on the edges, about 11-12 minutes.
- Upon pulling tray out of the oven press a 1 inch indentation into each cookie, I used bottom of a shot glass.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- When cookies are cooled add a small amount of soft caramel into the well you created in each cookie.
- Drizzle each cookie with melted white chocolate and sprinkle with chopped cashews.
- Store in airtight container.
Caramel should be at room temp for easier pouring onto cookie.
For the caramel I used a piping bag with no tip, I cut the end so only a small hole was made. A spoon will work good also.