Strawberry Jam Tart. Buttery, crumbly crust filled with warm, gooey and sweet strawberry jam with a hint of lemon zest.
I’m a bit of a stalker, not the people kind, gosh no. I have been stalking the 10 day weather forecast. And it looks like we are going to have 10 straight days without freezing temperatures. I am so ready for spring, real spring, not the here one day and winters back the next. I want to do yard clean up, plant a few flowers (the hard to kill kind, lol). I want to open windows and feel warm breezes. You get where my head and heart is at right now and it looks like I am going to get my way!
Speaking of my heart, its so in love with this Strawberry Jam Tart! Just the word tart makes it sound sweet and delicious and this one is all of the above. Strawberries are always a favorite and the stores are flooded with them lately. I love this tart because its a simple one. The crust is the kind you pour and press into the tart pan. The filling is just what the name says, strawberry jam with a hint of lemon zest.
For the crust you pulse the ingredients in order until a crumbly mixture is formed, from there you press it into the tart pan firmly and bake. Next you prepare the filling by mixing strawberry jam and lemon zest together, spread evenly into tart shell, sprinkle on some reserved dough and bake until bubbling.
You guys this Strawberry Jam Tart is it, everything you could ever want in a tart or dessert! Buttery, sweet, crumbly crust. Sweet, gooey strawberry filling with a little kick of lemon. Its a welcomed experience for the tastebuds.
- pie weights or dried beans
- 1 - 4x14 inch tart pan
- 1 and ¾ cups flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- ¾ cup butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla paste/extract
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F
- In bowl of food processor add flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest.
- Pulse until combined.
- Add butter and pulse until mixture turns to course meal texture.
- Add in yolks and vanilla, pulse until crumbly mixture is formed.
- Reserve ½ cup dough mixture for topping.
- Pour remaining into tart pan.
- Press into tart pan, use bottom or glass to press firmly to form crust on bottom and sides of tart pan.
- Line tart shell with foil, add pie weights or beans.
- Bake 15 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Remove pie weights/beans and foil.
- Bake 15 minutes or until whole tart shell is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool completely.
- Keep oven on.
- Mix strawberry jam and lemon zest together.
- Spread evenly into tart shell.
- Sprinkle with remaining half cup of dough crumbles.
- Bake 25-30 min or until filling begins to bubble and crumbles are golden brown.
- Cool before serving.