Valrhona Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. This fabulous cookie is studded with Valrhona Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Feves (chips) and sprinkled with sea salt. Luxurious, smooth and creamy with a little crunch sums up this cookie!
You may have noticed I have been a little absent from the blogging world for the last month and a half. Back in mid February I became super sick, so sick that I had to take off work from my big girl job for 2 whole weeks. I came down with a virus called the Shingles and if any of you have had it you know it is no picnic and I got hit hard with it. It is a virus of your central nervous system and spine, it’s part of the chicken pox family but in adults is so much worse. I had Internal Shingles so on top of all the usual pain which left so tired I could not even get out of bed and would sleep all day. With it came sensitivity to light, so no phone or computer work. I had a few scheduled blog commitments but other than that I stayed away from screens and monitors. I’m on week 6 now and my mental clarity is back and I can function normally, I’m still not 100% but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. So let’s have a cookie to celebrate 🙂 .
I had a very low appetite but I craved chocolate chip cookies. Since I am the only baker in the house I didn’t get any and I’m not gonna lie, I felt sorry for myself over this lol 😉 .So naturally the first thing I wanted to make once I was feeling good enough to get in the kitchen was a grand chocolate chip cookie!! And grand they are, Valrhona Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies might have a long title but they have earned it! Sometimes it’s all the ingredients that make a cookie great but in this case the credit goes to one very special ingredient, Valrhona Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Feves. The roasted hazelnuts are finely ground with the chocolate so each feve has a smooth and creamy texture. Put that together with a buttery, crispy edged cookie and a sprinkling of sea salt and you have yourself a “grand” chocolate chip cookie. One worthy of its long name, Valrhona Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie.
So next time you are craving a cookie be sure to make these Valrhona Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies. As I stated in the opening sentence, the best words to describe this cookie is luxurious, smooth and creamy with a little crunch!
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is, thanks!
Valrhona Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rough chopped Valrhona Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Feves plus more for putting on top.
- Sea Salt for sprinkling.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
- In the bowl of a mixer cream the butter until light and pale.
- Add in the sugars and continue mixing, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg and extract. Mix well to combine.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture with mixer on low until all incorporated.
- Bring mixer to medium speed and mix 30 seconds until dough forms.
- By hand mix in the Valrhona Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Feves.
- Using 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop, scoop out each cookie and place on tray 2 inches apart.
- Roll each scooped cookie into a ball, this helps achieve a uniform shape and size.
- (Optional but worth it, on top of each cookie gently press in a chunk or two of additional Feves, this will insure you have melty chocolate on top of the cookie to and not just under the dough. )
- Bake 11-12 minutes or until crackled and golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Once out of the oven and warm sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cool completely.
Katherine | Love In My Oven says
Stacey, I’m so sorry you went through the pain of shingles. I know a few people who have experienced it and it’s awful. I’m so glad you’re getting better – I wish I could have sent you a batch of chocolate chip cookies!! I hope you treated yourself to at least a dozen of these once you made them. Hoping you’re 100% very soon. XOXO
Hi Katherine, it was not fun, felt like a little kid again that just wanted chicken soup and mom lol . I did treat myself to these cookies without any shame 😉 . Take care.
Leanne | Crumb Top Baking says
Definitely sounds like you had a rough winter Stacey. So glad you are feeling better these days, but you deserve to celebrate with all the chocolate chip cookies after being ill for so long! These look fabulous. Saving to make later!
Hi Leanne! Thank you. And celebrate with cookies I did 😉 . Take care.
Kelsie | the itsy-bitsy kitchen says
That melty chocolate in your first pic is killing me. Stacey, these look insanely good!
Hi Kelsie! Thanks, that is my favorite part. Have a great weekend! Take care.