Stone Fruit and Berry Summer Salad with Balsamic Blackberry Vinaigrette. The salad you’ve been waiting for this summer! Peaches, nectarines, blackberries, cherries, herbs, roasted pepitas, toasty bread, cucumbers and gorgonzola. All drizzled with a generous serving of Balsamic Blackberry Vinaigrette dressing.
Obviously I was having some cravings this week. The kind of cravings that you know no restaurant could satisfy. The kind of cravings where you can only trust yourself to deliver exactly what you are looking for and plate it exactly how you envisioned it. The kind of cravings that included fresh, no preservatives, beautifully delicious and colorful ingredients. And there’s the bowl my cravings envisioned, a special salad bowl that was gifted to my mother by our close family friends Rex and Eddie. Its wooden exterior doesn’t complete with the salad and the little bit of silver leaves adds just the right touch of sparkle.
As you can see my cravings this week were quite particular. I’d like to thank my very discriminatory cravings for bringing me to this salad, the Stone Fruit and Berry Summer Salad with Balsamic Blackberry Vinaigrette salad. There’s nothing better than a good, fresh ingredients! This salad represents everything we love about summer and miss when summer is gone.
So if you are looking for a new salad this is it!! This salad will win you oohs and ahhs from family and friends and will forever change the way you see salad. Fresh summer ripened fruit, sweet, tart berries, crunchy pepitas and baby cucumbers, toasty bread, herbaceous herbs, creamy pungent gorgonzola all on a bed of baby greens. All topped all off with homemade vinaigrette that will knock your socks off! And the color (cuz I love good color) is gorgeous.
This is how we keep it fresh and super delicious!
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is!! Thanks.
Here is the bowl used for this salad:
- Wooden Olive Designed Salad Bowl – I fell in love with this bowl the first time I saw it, its classy and a bit rustic at the same time. Its not overly deep so your beautiful ingredients don’t get lost at the bottom.
- Small Olive Designed Dish – This is the small coordinating bowl I used for the dressing.
- Olive Oil – Every salad dressing needs a good base, this is the oil I used for this salad.
- Balsamic Vinegar – Here’s the balsamic I use. No matter what kind you invest in I recommend one that is thicker than water, you can tell by tilting the bottle to see how fast it moves and if it coats the inside of the glass. I find it to be a little sweeter and not as acidic on the tongue and it emulsifies better.
Please note some of the links above are affiliate links which means if you purchase from the link I get a small commission. I use these products and stand behind them which is why I chose to tell you about them. Thank you for your support.
Stone Fruit and Berry Summer Salad with Balsamic Blackberry Vinaigrette
- 6 oz fresh blackberries this is the small container you see at the store and is close to 1 cup
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 5 oz. baby leaf lettuce comes in plastic containers at the store.
- 1/2 peach
- 1/2 nectarine
- 10 cherries pitted and halved
- 3 oz blackberries this is close to a 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola crumbles
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- 1/3 cup roasted and salt pepita's pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cups sliced baby cucumbers
- 1 cup fresh croutons.
- Put all ingredients into blender and blend until well mixed, about 60 seconds.
- Pour into serving bowl.
- Put all the lettuce into salad bowl.
- Carefully arrange the rest of the ingredients beautifully around the top.
- Serve with dressing on the side.
- Serves as 2 individual main course salads or 4 starter salads.