No Bake Chocolate Espresso Mousse Tart. NO BAKE!! Smooth creamy chocolate espresso mousse with a crunchy (but sturdy) cookie crust.
It’s no secret that I love to bake. But when I can make a decadent, rich, melt in your mouth dessert like this No Bake Chocolate Espresso Mousse Tart I can live without turning the oven on. You can easily break this tart down into 4 steps (5 if you count the chocolate shavings).
The 4 Step Breakdown on this No Bake Chocolate Espresso Mousse Tart:
- Make the crust – In the food processor grind the cookies into a fine crumb. Pour melted butter over the crumbs, mix and press into tart pan (9″ springform pan). Refrigerate.
- Make the ganache – Heat the heavy cream, espresso powder to just a boil. Pour over chocolate, add the Kahlua and vanilla. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Make the whipped cream, fold into cooled ganache, scoop over chilled crust. Refrigerate 6 hours minimum or over night.
- Just before serving make whipped cream topping by whipping heavy cream until fluffy. Scoop onto mousse filling, spread with spatula.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Serve.
So if baking isn’t your cup of tea or you just want a no headache dessert that you, your friends and family can gush over then this No Bake Chocolate Espresso Mousse Tart is just for you! Happy “No-Bake”ing 😉 .
PIN FOR LATER! Thanks.
- 2½ Tbsp melted butter
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 11 oz. chocolate chips (just under 2 cups)
- 4½ cups heavy cream (to be divided up through out recipe)
- 2 Tbsp espresso powder
- 2 Tbsp Kahlua
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Butter a 9' springform pan.
- Put cookies into food processor and grind into a crumb.
- Pour crumbs into a bowl.
- Pour melted butter over crumbs, mix to combine.
- Press firmly on bottom of springform pan to form a crust. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place chocolate in a bowl.
- Heat 1 cup heavy cream, espresso powder to just a boil.
- Pour over chocolate, let sit 2 minutes.
- Add in the Kahlua and vanilla, mix in small circles to mix completely until ganache forms.
- Let cool at room temp for 60 minutes or covered in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In bowl of mixer with whisk attachment, whisk 1¾ cups heavy cream into stiff peaks.
- Whisk the ganache to fluff it up.
- Fold in the whipped cream into the ganache to form the mousse.
- Scoop over chilled crust, spread evenly with spatula. Refrigerate minimum 6 hours (I chilled mine over night).
- When ready to serve make whipped cream. Whisk remaining 1¾ cups heavy cream and powdered sugar into medium peaks. Spread over tart.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings. I took a vegetable peeler and peeled the edge of a chocolate bar to get my shavings.