Minty Oreo No Churn Ice Cream. Cool and refreshing mint base ice cream loaded with crushed Mint Oreo cookies. [social_share/] Yum
So this post is fueled by two things. The obsession that both my daughter and I have for Dairy Queens Mint Oreo Blizzard. And the fact that our little obsession is a bit pricey. We always get the “mini” blizzard which in our area is over $3.00 each. Obviously its not going to break the bank but considering we both get one on Saturday and each one on Sunday it adds up when I can make this Minty Oreo No Churn Ice Cream for about half the amount and it lasts all week long. I know what you’re thinking, “Dairy Queen is a tough act to follow.” And normally I would agree with you but I have to say that this Minty Oreo No Churn Ice Cream comes pretty close to the blizzard if not, dare I say it, better!! The only reason I am thinking its better is because it is much more rich and luxurious in texture than Dairy Queens.
My daughter and I started with the basic no churn recipe ingredients, heavy cream, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk. My daughter crushed all the Mint Oreo cookies we needed while I whipped up the whipped cream with the vanilla and some peppermint extract. We folded in the sweetened condensed milk, added a touch of green color and then folded in the cookies. Now when folding in the cookies we did it in three parts, first we folded in 2 cups into the ice cream mixture. Then I poured in half the ice cream mixture into prepared pan, sprinkled half of the remaining crushed cookies over it. Poured in the remaining ice cream mixture and sprinkled the top with the remaining cookies. Perfection!!
The hardest part was waiting for it to freeze, I’d like to say it was just my daughter but even I was getting anxious to try what we had made. 6 hours past and it was time. We couldn’t believe our taste buds. This ice cream was everything I imagined and better. And look at that color combo, the dark chocolate brown with the vibrant green! Even the center of the Oreo is green. It’s so pretty.
I have to admit that my daughter and I are pretty proud of ourselves on this one, I patted her back, she patted mine 😉 . We had done it!
If you love mint, Oreo Cookies and ice cream than this is for you!!
Minty Oreo No Churn Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 cups crushed Mint Oreo cookies buy 1-15.25 oz package
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Put cookies in plastic bag and using a rolling pin crush them gently. You may have to work in batches until you get 3 cups. You will have a few cookies left over. Set aside.
- Whipped the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, mix in the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix in the green food coloring to desired color.
- Mix to combine well.
- Fold in 2 cups of the crushed Oreos.
- Pour half the ice cream mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup crushed Oreos.
- Add the rest of the ice cream mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cookies.
- Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Freeze at least 6 hours.
Coloring - I used Wilton's "Leaf Green". I dipped the tip of a butter knife, about 1/4 inch, into the coloring and wiped it onto the ice cream mixture and mixed. You can adjust as needed to get the color you want.
If freezing over night take out of freezer for 10-15 minutes prior to serving so ice cream softens a bit.