Dark Chocolate Salted Caramallow Cups!! Rich dark chocolate, Himalayan Salt and a filling of marshmallow cream and caramel!! [social_share/] Yum
So I find myself with an extra few hours of time on my hands during what would be my normal work day. My work laptop crashed and no matter what I do she’s a goner! So after a call to the help desk and an electronic trouble ticket submittal, I wait as I think about all the items I didn’t back up. Sigh…
So to get my mind off things I decided to write up this post. Because the truth is I need a distraction and these Dark Chocolate Salted Caramallow Cups are just the thing to do it!!
I’m not sure what it is about the chocolate candy cup but I get excited to see them and almost always like whatever the variety is, peanut butter, coconut, marshmallow, etc. And for the at home candy maker it’s a nice way to make something special without having to have mad candy making skills. These are no bake and only require 4 ingredients!!
The real trick to these Dark Chocolate Salted Caramallow Cups is layering and patience. After each layer I freeze these little gems for a few minutes, that way the layers stay separate and don’t melt into one another. The chocolate base needs to be fully set before adding in the marshmallow or the marshmallow will sink right into the chocolate and so on and so forth with the remaining layers.
I chose dark chocolate because A. I love it! and B. its slight bitter undertones balance the heavy sweetness of the marshmallow cream and caramel. I love the sweet stickiness of the marshmallow cream and dark caramel, it makes for the perfect gooey center. The little sprinkle of Himalayan Salt wraps it all up beautifully and keeps these from feeling overly sweet.
The next time you’re in the mood for a decadent, no bake, only 4 ingredient treat whip up a few of these Dark Chocolate Salted Caramallow Cups!!
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here’s your chance! Thanks.
Dark Chocolate Salted Caramallow Cups
- 2 cups dark chocolate
- 3 oz marshmallow cream
- 1/3 cups soft caramel
- 1/2 Tbsp Himalayan Salt
- Line a muffin tray with 6 muffin cups. (I prefer the foil cups, they are sturdier)
- Melt 1 cup (of the 2 cups) chocolate.
- Evenly disperse the melted chocolate amongst the 6 cups.
- Now pick up the muffin tray and swirl it around so the melted chocolate climbs up the sides cups, do this about 12-15 times/swirls. This is creating the sides of your candy cups.
- Put in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- While the chocolate is setting, put the marshmallow cream into piping bag. (no tip needed)
- Pull muffin tin out of freezer and evenly pipe marshmallow cream into each cup.
- Freeze 10 minutes.
- While marshmallow is setting, put the caramel into piping bag. (no tip needed).
- Pull muffin tin out of freezer, evenly pipe the caramel on top of marshmallow covering it.
- Freeze 10 minutes.
- While caramel is setting, melt the remaining cup dark chocolate.
- Pull muffin tin from freezer, pour the remaining chocolate over the chocolate cups evenly so all 6 cups get covered.
- Sprinkle on salt. Let sit at room temp until completely set, over night is best but no less than 4 hours.