Coffee Toffee Almond Cookies. Comforting espresso, sweet buttery toffee, milk chocolate and the slight crunch of almonds make this cookie a keeper.
All in all things have been relatively quiet here at The Sugar Coated Cottage, no news is good news right, lol? The most excitement we’ve had is we had our living room floors refinished, like I said, not much going on here. It’s quite a process though and boy am I glad we didn’t tackle them ourselves. It started out where we were going to have them done a few weeks out and then they called and said they had a cancelation and they could come day after tomorrow. At first we were excited and then the reality hit us, where are we going to put all of our stuff, stuff, and more stuff?
Due to the smell of the poly coating we were out of the house a lot but when we could finally get back in and into the kitchen I was having a huge craving for sweet, coffee, chocolaty and crumbly. And thus the Coffee Toffee Almond Cookie was born. I mean who wouldn’t want an amazing bite of java, milky chocolate, almond sweetness but as if that couldn’t get better we have the buttery crunch of toffee that dissolves into the other flavors almost immediately making it cookie perfection!
We’ve discussed flavor now lets dive into the texture a bit. Don’t you just love a cookie that has a crinkly cracked surface? I do! And this cookie delivers. Each bite starts with a light crunch and gives way to the perfectly soft and chewy center.
Whether you are making these for yourself or for the coffee lover in your life just know there’s no way you will be able to stop at just one!
Coffee Toffee Almond Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup+ 2 Tbsp light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla paste vanilla extract will work as well, same amount
- 2 Tbsp espresso powder I used King Arthur brand
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits I used Heath Brickle found in baking isle
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars together until light.
- Add egg, espresso powder and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- With mixer on low, gradually add in flour mixture until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate, almonds and toffee by hand until evenly distributed.
- Using cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookies on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Roll each dough mound into a ball.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until golden brown on edges and tops and cookie crackles on top.
- Repeat until all the cookies are baked.
- Cool before eating.