Lemon Tart With Coconut Crust. Vibrant lemon and crunchy coconut crust bring a bright freshness to the dessert table.
I’d like to tell you I have been “all work and no play” but I’d be lying. We decided to take somewhat of an impromptu trip to sunny Florida to get some sun and warmth. We just got back this week and I miss it already! For those of you like me in the mid-north over the north east coast you know its still gray and even though Spring is trying to peak through we’re not quite their yet.
Nothing like taking a trip to a warmer climate to make you realize just how wonderful fresh and light food can be. I know in the winter I tend to gravitate towards foods that are heavy and comforting. But this trip started to awaken the desire for citrus and the freshness it brings to the palette.
It’s no secret that I love lemons and this Lemon Tart with Coconut Crust is no exception. The lemon filling melts in your mouth giving way to the punch of tart citrus! The hint of coconut in the crust adds to the flavor and the extra sprinkling of coconut on top adds a little bit of texture to compliment the creaminess. All topped off with whipped cream for a cooling touch.
Now this is completely for the lemon lover which you know I am. I take a small squeeze of fresh lemon top of mine, not too much, just enough for a little extra kick of tart.
Sweet lemony perfection with a hint of coconut in every bite! This would be a sunny welcomed addition to any dessert table.
Lemon Tart With Coconut Crust
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 3 and 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 6 large eggs
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- Whipped cream
- Lemon peel strips
- Sprinkling of toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Set aside 9 inch pie plate or tart pan that is 3 inches deep.
- Add coconut, sugar and salt into food processor.
- Pulse until finely ground.
- Add flour and pulse again until finely ground.
- In mixing bowl mix the coconut mixture with the egg and butter until dough forms
- Wrap and refrigerate 20 minutes or more.
- Firmly press the dough into the pie plate/tart pan working up the sides as well.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl, whisk together.
- In mixing bowl add the eggs, egg yolks, lemon zest and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients, whisk to combine.
- Pour filling mixture into crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate at least 6 hours, overnight is preferable.
- PLEASE NOTE: FILLING WILL STILL BE JIGGLY/RUNNY WHEN REMOVED FROM OVEN. FILLING WILL SET AND FIRM UP AS IT COOLS.
- When cooled garnish with whipped cream, coconut and lemon peel strips.
- Serve with extra slice of lemon if you want to squeeze a bit of extra juice on (just a little).
You have so put me in the mood for spring and all its light, citrus-y, sunny foodie fun! This pie deserves a place at every table! Beautiful offering, my friend! Wishing you a lovely Easter!
Happy Easter Annie! So glad this tart evokes the mood for spring! Lemons are so fresh and bright and we can’t forget tasty. Take care!