Classic Celebration Cake. Super moist, buttery, yellow cake dotted with sprinkle. Classic, sweet and creamy buttercream frosting sprinkled with…well sprinkles. This Classic Celebration Cake is perfect for any occasion.
Happy Friday, Happy Birthday, Happy Retirement, Happy First Day of School, Happy Weekend, Happy Last Day of School, Happy Monday (said no one ever….). But you see where I’m going here? This Classic Celebration Cake would be the perfect cake to celebrate all these occasions plus more. And we may not celebrate Mondays here at this house but we celebrate the end of Monday and we love to do it with cake 😉 .
I love a good classic, whether its my broken in comfy converse tennies, the classic pair of jeans that go with everything, the little black dress that you can rely on to make you look and feel beautiful at any occasion. They all have this in common, they are loved by all and they never go out of style. This Classic Celebration Cake is right in line with these items, it too is a classic. Reliable like the comfy converse, its perfect for any occasion like the classic jeans and everyone will stare when you walk in the room with it like they do you in your little black dress (or classic suit for the male readers out there).
We have luscious yellow cake, polka dotted with the addition on nonpareil sprinkles. A generous swooping of classic buttercream, so buttery, hinting of vanilla and oh so sweet. All sprinkled with a generous amount of rainbow colored nonpareil sprinkles that let’s face it say “party” all by themselves.
Have a special occasion coming up? Stick with a classic! This Classic Celebration Cake!! It will be a hit with everyone and their tastebuds.
Eat up and enjoy!!
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here’s your chance! Thanks. Yum
Classic Celebration Cake
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter room temp
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs room temp
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup nonpareil sprinkles
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 2 cups butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nonpareil sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease, flour and parchment 2 - 7 " cake pans
- In medium bowl add the flour, salt, baking powder, stir, set aside.
- In bowl of mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs 2 at a time, continue mixing.
- Add in the extracts, continue mixing.
- With mixer on low add the flour mixture and milk by alternating each. Mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the sprinkles. Quickly put in prepared cake pans as the color of the sprinkles will start to bleed in the batter, this is fine just work as quickly and as smoothly as you can.
- Bake 49 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- In bowl of mixer cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- With mixer on low add in the powdered sugar and milk, alternating each.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Continue mixing on medium until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Level out cakes by cutting the bumped top off each.
- Put a small dab of frosting on cake board/cake plate to stop cake from sliding off.
- Put first cake layer on cake plate, Frost the top with generous amount of buttercream.
- Put on the second layer of cake.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes, this is optional but it allows the cake/frosting to chill and set so the center icing doesn't ooze out the sides.
- Frost tops and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle the cake with the sprinkles. For the sides put some in your hand and gently press them into the side. I recommend putting cake on a cookie sheet to help catch of the sprinkles.
- If some sprinkles fall around the cake plate edge its up to you if want to remove them. In the pics above I did not because I thought they were pretty. But they can be messy if they spill off so be aware of this when moving to table.
- Keep in cool dry place until ready serve.
SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave
Katherine | Love In My Oven says
This is totally classic!! Sprinkles and white icing are perfect for any occasion. This cake is so fun Stacey!!
Hi Katherine! Thanks! Exactly! Fun and delicious!! Take care 😉
Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop says
Nothing says PARTY like sprinkles! I love this cake. I recently made one for my nephew’s 4th birthday! He loved it!
Hi Kathy! Thank you! So glad you like this cake! Agreed, sprinkles make a party 😉 . Take care.
Kelsie | the itsy-bitsy kitchen says
This has to be the cutest cake EVER! I love classics too–I’m thinking I’ll put on my favorite little black dress so I feel extra fancy while I’m devouring several pieces of celebration cake :). Happy Saturday!
Hi Kelsie! Thanks. Haha! I love it, break out the dress and get ready to eat some cake :-). Take care.
What a beautiful cake!! This is perfect for any celebration.
Hi Zainab! Thank you. Nothing beats a classic and sprinkles 😉 . Take care.
This post literally makes my eyes happy! We have a birthday coming up and this would make the birthday girl very happy!! Just beautiful! Have a great week, my friend! Pinned!
Hi Annie! Thanks, that’s what I was going for, my job here is done 😉 . Take care.
My birthday is in a week, so thank you for posting this for me 😉 🙂
Happy Birthday!! You are so welcome! I hope you eat lots of cake and doing something fun ;-). Take care.
Definitely a classic!! A very pretty cake for any celebration! Love the generous buttercream 🙂
Hi Deepika! Generous on the buttercream is the only way to go!! Thank you, so glad you like it. Take care.
Thao @ In Good Flavor says
What is it about sprinkles and funfetti that conjures happiness? I’ve always wondered about the psychology of it. This cake if perfect! No wonder it’s a classic.
Hi Thao! You are so right, maybe its the rainbow colors. Thank you! Take care.