Dark Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Cookies. Deep, rich, dark chocolate is the base of this cookie. Then stuffed with soft, gooey, caramel. Studded with dark chocolate chips and sprinkled with flaky sea salt.
Today’s post is going to be a “dine and dash”, a “eat and run” so to speak. But I don’t think you’re going to mind when you see what I am presenting today!
These Dark Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Cookies are the cookies you’ve been waiting for. The cookies you need in your life. The mind blowing salted, deep, rich, dark chocolatey, caramel stuffed cookie that will take your cookie game to the next level. It did mine.
Oh and one more thing, the aroma! These cookies have the best chocolate smell you could ever imagine. Even after they have cooled you can smell that wonderfully sweet chocolate smell across the room which of course will make you want more 😉 .
These are best eaten warm so the caramel and the chocolate are on the melty side. Of course this will easily take us from cookie to dessert in an instant.
So have that glass of milk, cup of coffee, cup of tea ready and go for it!!
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here you go! Thanks.
Dark Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Cookies
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 6 Tbsp butter room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 22 caramels
- 1 Tbsp flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment, set aside.
- Unwrap caramels, press flat with palm of hand or rolling pin, set aside.
- Melt 1 1/2 cups of chocolate with milk, stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In bowl of mixer cream butter and sugar together.
- Add in the salt, eggs and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- With mixer on medium speed add in the melted chocolate. Keep mixer going until completely combined, scrape down bowl as needed with spatula.
- Bring mixer down to low speed, add in flour and baking powder.
- Mix until dough is formed, add in remaining chocolate chips, mix.
- Scoop Tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet, top each one with a caramel, pressing down lightly.
- Top each caramel with dough to cover.
- Bake 10-11 minutes. Centers should still seem soft.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Let cool. Serve warm. Cookies can be microwaved for 10 seconds if eating later.