What is it about the beloved maraschino cherry that makes everyone smile? When I was younger if I had to share a dessert (torturous) with my brother we would argue over the cherry. It swirls the bottom of endless cocktail glasses. And my 3 year old daughter loves to beg her grandfather for one whenever we visit. Is it the bright bejeweled red color that seems to glow? The sweet candy taste? The pop in your mouth when you take a bite? All of the above? What ever it is it’s the delicious main star of this brownie
This Maraschino Cherry White Chocolate Almond Brownie has all the star qualities, crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside and as chocolatey as they come. With each bite you will appreciate the teaming of wonderful ingredients all working together for fabulous texture and taste.
The white chocolate adds a rich creaminess. The toasted almonds bring in the perfect mild nutty flavor and crunch. The cherries add a bright and sweet flavor. And we cannot forget the super chocolatey background that brings it all together. If that wasn’t enough I took it one step further and added a sweet cherry glaze to add a bit of shine on top.
To make the experience even better pair this brownie with your favorite coffee or tall glass of cold milk. If you make these for friends and family make sure you save yourself one before they are all gone.
Maraschino Cherry White Chocolate Almond Brownie
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 2 Tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted and chopped*
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- GLAZE optional:
- 1 Tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- GARNISH optional:
- maraschino cherries with stems
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8x8 pan and line with parchment paper. I take one large piece and bend it into the corners so it comes up the sides, trim any extra. This way you can pull up on the parchment and pull the whole brownie out of pan once cooled.
- Combine sugar, butter, cherry juice, mix on low/medium speed until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- With mixer on low add dry ingredients to the sugar mixture. Mix till combined.
- By hand stir in the cherries, almonds and white chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely
- To make the glaze mix the cherry juice and powdered sugar until well combined.
- Drizzle over cooled brownies and let set.
- Top each brownie with a stemmed maraschino cherry