Cherries soaked in a brandy mixture then folded into a simple no churn ice cream base. Simple, classy and sophisticated.
Oh my the 4th of July and done and gone. Though I am sad to see it go I’m also excited because that means it is the Summer Festival Blog Hop put together by my talented blogger friend Kendra from Joy In Our Home. I was excited to be invited to join in the fun with 24 other bloggers as the hop includes everything from Vignettes, Front Porches, Recipes, Tablescapes and Mantels. All of my favorite things ;-).
My contribution is this Drunkin’ Cherry No Churn Ice Cream!! This ice cream is a bit adult, a bit sophisticated, super easy and most of all D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!! But just how simple is it? Read on…
The Simple Steps:
- Slice fresh cherries in half, place in a bowl of sugar, brandy and a little lemon. Let soak 24 – 72 hours.
- Whipped your heavy cream into whipped cream, fold in your sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Drain the cherries but reserve the juice for drizzling.
- Fold cherries into the ice cream base and freeze.
- Serve up and drizzle with remaining brandy liquid.
Enjoy this Drunkin’ Cherry No Churn Ice Cream on the deck at your next cookout or after dinner. And be sure to check out Love In My Oven and Countryside Cravings for more delicious summertime recipes. To see all the other beautiful offerings scroll down below and click on the links!!
Vignettes on Monday
Front Porches on Tuesday
Recipes on Wednesday
Mantles on Friday
WANT TO PIN IT FOR LATER? Here you go!!
Drunkin' Cherry No Churn Ice Cream
- BRANDIED CHERRIES:
- 3/4 lbs cherries pitted and halved 36 cherries give or take
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 strips of lemon peel
- NO CHURN ICE CREAM BASE:
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare cherries 24 - 72 hours in advance.
- Line loaf pan with parchment, set aside.
- BRANDIED CHERRIES:
- Place brandy and sugar into a medium mixing bowl, stir a bit so the sugar begins to dissolve. About 5 minutes.
- Next add in the lemon juice and peel.
- Add in the pitted cherry halves, stir to coat the cherries. Refrigerate 24-72 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When cherries are ready make your ice cream base.
- NO CHURN ICE CREAM:
- Whip heavy cream into whipped cream, fold in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Drain cherries but reserve the brandy mixture.
- Pour 1/3 ice cream mixture into parchment line loaf pan.
- Scatter 1/3 cherry halves on top, pressing some into ice cream mixture. Drizzle lightly with brandy mixture.
- Pour the next 1/3 layer of ice cream mixture on and repeat with the cherries and the drizzle.
- Pour the final ice cream layer on, add the remaining cherries and drizzle.
- Freeze until completely set.