Drunken Cherry Pistachio Cookies. Kirsch soaked cherries, salted pistachios and white chocolate make this cookie a must!
Snow, snow, snow and more snow. I have to admit the little child in me is so excited as millions of white snow flakes continue to come down. The adult in me was happy to break out my super warm but stylish snow boots. Plus its really getting me in the Christmas mood even more than I already was.
You guys if ever there was a Christmas cookie to add to your list of favorites this is it! These Drunken Cherry Pistachio Cookies are everything this holiday season. Your cookie making and eating experience will never be the same again. Plump, dark red, drunk, Kirsch soaked cherries (Kirsch is a cherry liqueur). Crunchy, salted, christmas green pistachios. And creamy, smooth white chocolate. The cookie base itself is my favorite kind, crunchy on the outside, slightly chewy on the inside.
There’s a special warmth that the kirsch brings, along with a wonderfully enhanced cherry flavor. The delightful crunch of the pistachios and a wonderful sweet balance from the white chocolate. All enrobed in a cookie thats crunchy at first bite giving way to a slight chewiness as the buttery cookie melts into all the other flavors. There is no way that only one of these cookies could ever be enough.
So if you need a Christmas cookie that’s stylish and delicious or are always on the look out for another wonderful cookie to add to your collection make it the Drunken Cherry Pistachio Cookies.
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here’s your chance! Thanks.
Drunken Cherry Pistachio Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup Kirsch cherry liqueur
- 3/4 cup salted pistachio nuts
- 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- GARNISH optional:
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 cup melted white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line cookie sheets with parchment, set aside.
- SOAKED CHERRIES:
- Soak dried cherries in Kirsch the day before, the kirsch will reduce over time as it is absorbed by cherries.
- When ready to start making the cookies pour cherry mixture over a strainer and let set for 10-15 minutes, the cherries should be wet to the touch but not dripping wet.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl add the flour and baking soda, mix well to combine, set aside.
- In the bowl of mixture cream the butter and sugars.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- With mixture on low add in the flour mixture and mix until dough forms.
- By hand fold in the white chocolate chips, cherries and pistachios.
- Using standard cookie scoop, scoop dough onto cookie sheet.
- Roll each dough mound into a ball and flatten with palm of your hand.
- Bake until golden brown on the edges, about 11-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
Cheyanne @ No Spoon Necessary says
Well, you had me at ‘drunken’. hahaha. For some reason I feel like you may have known I would say that though! 😉 These cookies are EVERYTHING, Stacey! I tend to feel left out in the holiday cookie department since I am allergic to cocoa, so I am just LOVING these in their white chocolate glory! Plus those Kirsch soaked cherries and salted pistachios have me swooning! I can not wait to try these! Pinned!!! Cheers, friend!
Hi Cheyanne! LOL, “drunken” seems to get everyones attention 🙂 . You will be addicted. Thrilled you like them. Take care!
Never met a drunk cherry I didn’t like!! These scream holidayyyyy! Wish I didn’t have to wait for them to bake to have one! I want it now! Delicious, my friend!!
Hi Annie! Drunk cherries are the best kind! LOL, waiting is the hardest part but so worth it! Take care. 🙂
Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop says
Whaaat????? Drunken cookies!!! These sound simply amazing! Now I’d better get baking again and try out these indulgent cookies! 🙂
Hi Kathy. Thanks, they are pretty special. So glad you liked them! Take care.
Simone | My Blueberry Basket says
Hi Stacey, your cookies look wonderful. I particularly like the salted pistachio nuts! I think the salted nuts are a perfect complement to the other sweet ingredients. And … of course, the Kirsch is the real icing to the cake! 😉 Thanks a lot for sharing, Stacey!
All the best, Simone
Hi Simone! Thank you. I use salted nuts a lot in baked goods, it helps balance the sweet. Kirsch never hurts either, lol. Take care.
Danielle @ Follow My Gut says
Ooooh somehow you managed to pair things that I would not have thought would be good together but lookng at my screen I want to drool on it! These look so tasty and I can’t believe how easy you make it look. Great job!
Danielle | FollowMyGut.com <3
Hi Danielle! Kirsch makes everything go well together, lol. Thank you, so glad you liked these cookies. Take care.
Jessica @ Citrus Blossom Bliss says
I’m finally coming to love the combination of fruits and nuts – and adding liqueur and cookie never hurt 🙂 I love the balance of salty and sweet here and the white chocolate makes for an excellent presentation on any cookie platter! I love it!
Hi Jessica! Liqueur makes everything better. Thank you! Take care.
Sam @wholesomepatisserie says
You had me at drunken! These look wonderful! That chocolate drizzle is winning me over! x
Thanks Sam! The drizzle makes a big difference 🙂 . Take care.