Brandy Pecan Balls! These no bake, easy to make Brandy Pecan Balls will be your new go to party cookie! They’re addicting.
The first time I had a Brandy Pecan Ball I was hooked. My mom made them for a Christmas party she was throwing. They were so different from any other cookies I had eaten, the smell, the flavor, the texture and of course the liquor! I ate so many I actually got sick to my stomach but it was worth it and I have loved them ever since and my love for Brandy is still going strong.
The main ingredients are Nilla Wafers, Pecans and Brandy all mixed together and rolled into a ball that is then coated in sanding sugar, my favorite! Originally my mom always used granulated sugar but for the photos it didn’t look right. So I made another batch (poor me lol) and used sanding sugar and voila! Perfect for the photos, perfect little crunch for some added texture.
Each Brandy Pecan Ball is about 2-3 bites but you can adjust the size if you want a smaller cookie. And regarding the Brandy, these are no bake so the alcohol does not cook off. You will only use a 1/4 cup for the whole recipe but you can definitely taste it in the cookies.
Need an awesome cookie to take to your next holiday gathering or maybe a cookie to snack on as the snow falls and you cuddle by the fireplace? Look no further, Brandy Pecan Balls are the answer.
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is! Thanks.
Brandy Pecan Balls
- 1 - 11 oz box of Nilla Wafers crushed finely I used a food processor
- 1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans I used a food processor
- 1/4 cup Brandy I used Christian Brother Very Smooth
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sanding sugar for rolling.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment set aside.
- Pour sanding sugar in a bowl, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add wafer crumbs, pecans, confectioners sugar, cocoa powder and mix.
- Stir in the brandy and corn syrup, mix until well combined, this may take a few minutes.
- Let mixture sit 5 minutes to let the ingredients soak up the brandy. Stir again.
- Form into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in sanding sugar.
- Set on cookie sheet to set. (I like to make mine the day before so they can marinate overnight).
- When ready to serve place in a small candy/muffin cup.
- Store in airtight container.