Blackberry Buttercream Double Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Recipe. Sweet blackberry buttercream sandwiched between two double chocolate cookies.
You all know how I love cookies (and cakes, truffles, ice cream… ) and these Blackberry Buttercream Double Chocolate Cookie Sandwich Cookies are my new favorite. This cookie is a total splurge that is worth every indulgent bite and calorie if you count those.
Here’s the breakdown of these amazing Blackberry Buttercream Double Chocolate Sandwich Cookies:
- Deliciously, springy and bright blackberries
- A big dollop of buttercream (go big or go home)
- Cookies that are made with melted dark chocolate
- Dark chocolate chips rolled into the batter, hence the “double” in the title.
Put it all of the above together and you’ve got one indulgent cookie!! Not to mention that deep chocolate brown and purplish pink hue is just the prettiest color combination.
For the photos and the season I chose to style with tulips. When I ran into the grocery store they looked so sad and picked over. They were drooping over the side of the bucket. Marked on clearance they were begging to come home with me. I have to say they really became my favorite part of the photos because all by themselves they made me smile and think of spring. In addition they added a really nice softness to the crisp, deep brown cookies. So if you make these you must also go get some tulips for the full experience 😉 .
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is! Thanks.
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips divided (1½ cups and ½ cup)
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 6 Tbsp butter, room temp
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp butter room temp
- 2 cups powdered sugar divided into two equal portions
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 3 Tbsp blackberry jam or puree (I used seedless).
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment, set aside.
- Melt 1½ cups of chocolate, stir in the hot water and stir quickly until combined, stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In bowl of mixer cream butter and sugar together.
- Add in the salt, eggs and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- With mixer on medium speed add in the melted chocolate. Keep mixer going until completely combined, scrape down bowl as needed with spatula.
- Bring mixer down to low speed, add in flour and baking powder.
- Mix until dough is formed, add in remaining chocolate chips, mix.
- Scoop Tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet, press to flatten them.
- Bake 8-9 minutes. Centers should still seem soft.
- Let cool completely.
- Cream butter
- Slowly add in the first half of the powdered sugar (1 cup) with mixer on low, alternating with milk as needed.
- Add in the blackberry jam and vanilla, continue mixing.
- With mixer on low add in the rest of the powdered sugar (1 cup).
- Mix until completely combined.
- Match up cookies in pairs.
- Take one cookie from the pair and spoon a dollop of buttercream on it.
- Gently press the second cookie on top of butter cream to make a sandwich.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Keep in a cool place, buttercream is sensitive to warm temps and can become very soft.