Blackberry Buttercream Double Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Recipe. Sweet blackberry buttercream sandwiched between two double chocolate cookies.
You all know how I love cookies (and cakes, truffles, ice cream… ) and these Blackberry Buttercream Double Chocolate Cookie Sandwich Cookies are my new favorite. This cookie is a total splurge that is worth every indulgent bite and calorie if you count those.
Here’s the breakdown of these amazing Blackberry Buttercream Double Chocolate Sandwich Cookies:
- Deliciously, springy and bright blackberries
- A big dollop of buttercream (go big or go home)
- Cookies that are made with melted dark chocolate
- Dark chocolate chips rolled into the batter, hence the “double” in the title.
Put it all of the above together and you’ve got one indulgent cookie!! Not to mention that deep chocolate brown and purplish pink hue is just the prettiest color combination.
For the photos and the season I chose to style with tulips. When I ran into the grocery store they looked so sad and picked over. They were drooping over the side of the bucket. Marked on clearance they were begging to come home with me. I have to say they really became my favorite part of the photos because all by themselves they made me smile and think of spring. In addition they added a really nice softness to the crisp, deep brown cookies. So if you make these you must also go get some tulips for the full experience 😉 .
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is! Thanks.
Blackberry Buttercream Double Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips divided 1 1/2 cups and 1/2 cup
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 6 Tbsp butter room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp butter room temp
- 2 cups powdered sugar divided into two equal portions
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 3 Tbsp blackberry jam or puree I used seedless.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment, set aside.
- Melt 1 1/2 cups of chocolate, stir in the hot water and stir quickly until combined, stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In bowl of mixer cream butter and sugar together.
- Add in the salt, eggs and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- With mixer on medium speed add in the melted chocolate. Keep mixer going until completely combined, scrape down bowl as needed with spatula.
- Bring mixer down to low speed, add in flour and baking powder.
- Mix until dough is formed, add in remaining chocolate chips, mix.
- Scoop Tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet, press to flatten them.
- Bake 8-9 minutes. Centers should still seem soft.
- Let cool completely.
- Cream butter
- Slowly add in the first half of the powdered sugar (1 cup) with mixer on low, alternating with milk as needed.
- Add in the blackberry jam and vanilla, continue mixing.
- With mixer on low add in the rest of the powdered sugar (1 cup).
- Mix until completely combined.
- Match up cookies in pairs.
- Take one cookie from the pair and spoon a dollop of buttercream on it.
- Gently press the second cookie on top of butter cream to make a sandwich.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Keep in a cool place, buttercream is sensitive to warm temps and can become very soft.
Aaah..loving the color of your blackberry buttercream! Also chocolate and blackberry together? What a fantastic flavor combo!
Thanks Neha! I was in love the color myself 🙂 . Take care.
Leanne | Crumb Top Baking says
Love the sound of blackberry buttercream! And it’s such a lovely colour! These are a decadent chocolate sandwich cookie worth treating yourself to!
Hi Leanne, thanks! Its sweet and yummy and perfect for this time of year. Take care. 🙂
You singlehandedly devised the best recipe title in the entire internet. Each word in the title gets better and better. Blackberry Buttercream DOUBLE CHOCOLATE sandwich cookies sound like they fell from a heavenly food oasis. Seriously, awesome post, these look redonkulous!
Hi Christina! Lol, thanks, sometimes the title is the hardest part 😉 . Glad you like the title and the cookies. Take care.
Katherine | Love In My Oven says
These look and sound amazing, Stacey. What’s not to love? Blackberries and buttercream, combined with chocolate! Total winning cookie here!!
Thanks Katherine! They make for a great spring time cookie 🙂 . Take care.
Albert Bevia says
I love the flavor combination between chocolate and blackberries, these sandwich cookies do look amazing, I could a couple of these right now!!! like you said about the buttercream, go big or go home!!! love it
Hi Albert! Thanks. Agreed, I always need more buttercream 🙂 . Take care.
Priya @currynation says
This is a perfect treat. The texture of the cookies are just brilliant and This buttercream makes it perfect.It just give that rich, creamy and chewy texture to these cookies 🙂
have a good day!
Hi Priya, thank you very much! Its a great combo. Take care 🙂
Ashika | Gardening Foodie says
What gorgeous cookies these are Stacey…love the colour and blackberry buttercream sounds absolutely delicious, I would love to try out this recipe. Thank you for sharing 🙂 Have a great day 🙂
Hi Ashika! Thank you 🙂 . I love the color to, it was one of my favorite parts. Take care!
Blackberry buttercream? Oh my!! I don’t think I could stop at just one! Have a great weekend, my friend! 🙂
Hi Annie! So good right? I definitely couldn’t stop at one 😉 . You have a wonderful weekend as well! Take care.