Raspberry Almond White Chocolate Oat Bars. Delicious cozy oats, sweet raspberry filling, crunchy almonds and creamy white chocolate. Need I say more? [social_share/] Yum
[social_share/] I always have to chuckle at the strong differences between how I imagine the scene for writing each post vs. how the scene really plays out. For example, I always like to imagine myself as a younger version of Diane Keaton’s character in “Somethings Gotta Give”, passionately writing away at my desk, over looking the ocean, listening to french music, all the time in the world to get it right (minus the broken heart part of course) as the words and recipes just poor out of me. The real scene? My daughter and I are both scrunched at my desk which is half covered in dolls, there are no oceans in Michigan, I am listening to my daughter play “Let It Go” from Disney’s Frozen for the umpteenth time and I’m trying to finish this post from what I started last night on my lunch break because I have a standard 40 hour a week job as well, lol. As you can see there is a vast difference between the two but all in all the reality is pretty entertaining as my daughter starts critiquing my photos, lol. [social_share/] Making reality sweeter are these Raspberry Almond White Chocolate Oat Bars. I’ve been craving warm and cozy things this week. Coffee and lots of it, sweaters, chamomile tea and now these. Oatmeal is the coziest all on its own but then we add in raspberries, white chocolate and almonds to this crumbly buttery cookie and this cookie is taken to a whole new level of comfort food. Now just imagine for a second if you will, sitting on the couch in your favorite sweater, covered in your favorite blanket, drinking piping hot coffee or tea and eating one (or two) of these Raspberry Almond White Chocolate Oat Bars. Does it get any better than this? [social_share/] These Raspberry Almond White Chocolate Oat Bars are a wonderfully filling and delicious treat! Enjoy! Stacey
Raspberry Almond White Chocolate Oat Bars
- COOKIE BASE AND TOP:
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- RASPBERRY FILLING: make ahead of time
- 12 oz bag frozen raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped roasted almonds
- Line 9x9 pan with parchment
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- RASPBERRY FILLING:
- Make ahead of time so mixture can cool to room temp.
- Put raspberries into a sauce pan with 1/4 cup water.
- Add sugar, stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and simmer on med/low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- COOKIE BASE:
- In bowl of mixer on low speed mix flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt until combined.
- Slowly add in the butter in chunks with mixer on low.
- Add in egg, mix on medium/low speed until you have a unified crumbly mixture.
- Pour half of the mixture into prepared pan and press into place evenly with back of measuring cup.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Evenly spread out white chocolate chips over cookie.
- Evenly sprinkle on the almonds.
- Pour on the raspberry sauce you made and gently spread evenly with spatula.
- Take the second half of the cookie mixture and evenly distribute over entire top.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting.
Rachel @ Bakerita says
White chocolate and raspberries might be one of my favorite combos EVER and these bars are so totally right up my alley!! Almonds and oats fit in perfectly 🙂 I’ve got to try these! Pinned.
Thanks Rachel. I’m with you, its one of my favorite flavor combos as well! Take care.
As much as I adore the scene with Diane’s character, Erica, (I love this movie!!!) listening to French music, overlooking the ocean and pouring over her computer – I have equal affection for your scene describing a favorite sweater, a cozy blanket, piping hot coffee and these bars…Erica’s got nothin’ on you! These bars are gorgeous!
Hi Annie! Hmmm, I didn’t think of it that way and you are so right! In fact I have a date with the couch, blanket, tea and one of these bars in about 15 minutes, lol. Take care.
Cheyanne @ No Spoon Necessary says
Reality vs imaginary can be a funny thing.. i know prefer my imaginary life sometimes. I’m 10 pounds thinner and not allergic to chocolate. My dog actually obeys commands and I have a serious cash flow in the bank. 😉
Glad I can at least make these bars a reality! LOVE the flavors and they are oh-so-pretty!! I’ll take the whole pan please! Cheers!
Hi Cheyanne! That’s too funny, you totally get where I’m coming from. Take care!
These bars look so tempting ♥
Thanks Summer, its impossible to eat just one. Take care.
Oh que maravilla de barritas y con unos ingredientes que para mi son los mejores, frambuesas, almendras y chocolate blanco, definitivamente delicioso.
Hi Rosana! Thank you so much, they are a lot of my favorite ingredients as well. I hope all is going well. Take care.
Linda | The Baker Who Kerns says
Hahah I love your little story about what writing posts is really like! These oats bars truly look delicious! Totally digging all the white chocolate drizzled on top!
Thanks Linda! Glad you liked the stories and the white chocolate, one of my favorites for sure! Take care.