It’s a Girl! White Chocolate Baby Shower Cake. White chocolate cake covered in rich delicious white chocolate swiss meringue buttercream colored in a delicate shade of pink.
It’s A Girl!!! I’m so excited for my friend Katherine at Love In My Oven and her family who will be welcoming a baby girl soon! And we’re celebrating with a virtual baby shower!
My contribution is this perfectly pink White Chocolate Cake coated in smooth White Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
Layer cakes are a favorite and always look so tall and pretty sitting on the dessert table. What would a “It’s a Girl” baby shower be without a pink cake? This little beauty has four layers of delicious white chocolate cake and in between each layer is White Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream, colored pink of course.
The piping on the cake was the fun part. I used the same tip for all the piping, Wilton #32. If I wasn’t afraid of running out of buttercream I probably would’ve piped the sides to but thought I better stop while I’m ahead 😉 . I used a basic shell border around the bottom. I did the same for the top, starting at the outer edge I went around the cake in one direction, then starting the next row piped in the opposite direction. I repeated this process until I reached the middle. Then finished with swirls and sixlets for garnish.
We’re inviting all of you to join in the fun! Keep scrolling down to see the list of all the bloggers who participated and their posts. Check out their blogs to see what delicious food they brought to the virtual party!! Thank you to Kelly at Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats for asking me to join in and for organizing it all!!
Congrats to Katherine and her family during this truly magical time as they wait with great anticipation for their little girl to arrive!
Here are some of the products used to make this cake. Whether you are interested in buying through the link or just want a visual of what to look for see below. (Please note some of the links below are affiliate links which means if you purchase from the link I get a small commission. I use these products and stand behind them which is why I chose to tell you about them. Thank you for your supporting this blog. )
Wilton Tip #32
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is! Thanks.
It's A Girl! Baby Shower Cake and Virtual Baby Shower
- 6 oz. white chocolate melted
- 4 large egg whites room temp
- 1 cup milk room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp + 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 9 Tbsp butter room temp
- 20 ounces white chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 + 1/2 cup egg whites 10-12 large egg whites
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 1/2 sticks butter 2 1/4 cups
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pink food coloring I used Wilton “Pink”
- Hot pink sixlets
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (this is not a typo, I bake at low heat so each layer bakes flat on top.)
- Grease 4- 7inch cake pans, line bottom with parchment, grease parchment and flour pans.
- In medium bowl combine the egg whites, 1/4 cup milk and vanilla.
- In large bowl of mixer add the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt).
- Mix the dry ingredients for 30 seconds to combine.
- Add the butter and the remaining 3/4 cups milk, mixing on low until ingredients are moistened.
- With mixer on medium speed beat for 1.5 minutes to form the cake batters structure.
- Scrape down the sides.
- Slowly add the egg mixture in 3 batches, mix 20 seconds after each addition.
- Scrape down the sides with spatula.
- With mixer on medium slowly add the melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into cake pans evenly.
- Bake 35-40 minutes (rotating cake pans half way through baking) or until light golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- In large sauce pan add the egg whites and sugar.
- On medium heat you are going to whisk egg mixture until sugar is completely dissolved (you can test it by rubbing a small amount between your fingers to test it, it should be completely smooth).
- Transfer to mixing bowl and with whisk attachment whisk on high until stiff peaks form and mixture is completely cooled.
- Switch to paddle attachment.
- On low speed add the butter one piece at a time. Mix until well combined.
- With mixer on med/high speed slowly add in the melted white chocolate. Continue mixing until well combined, smooth and creamy.
- Add in the food coloring (as much needed to reach desired shade) and mix until completely combined.
- Put a small dollop of frosting on cake board/cake plate so the cake sticks.
- Put on the first layer, pipe buttercream on top. Smooth with offset spatula.
- Repeat with next two cake layers.
- Place last layer of cake on top.
- Crumb coat entire cake, refrigerate.
- Apply and smooth out final coat of buttercream on top and sides. Pipe on bottom border.
- Then pipe on decorative top. (All piping for this cake was done with wilton tip #32)*
- Decorate with sixlets.
Meet our guest of honor: Katherine! Katherine blogs over at Love In My Oven and is the proud momma to two boys and a soon-to-arrive baby girl!!
You don’t need to know Katherine to join in the fun, just enjoy all of the pink themed recipes the bloggers are bringing to the party! Scroll down to see what the bloggers are sharing, and click on the links to hop over to their blogs to check their recipe out.
7-UP RASPBERRY PINK PUNCH from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
BEET GOAT CHEESE PHYLLO ROLLS from Looney For Food
YUM YUM SHRIMP WONTON CUPS from Give it Some Thyme
ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE PASTA from Robust Recipes
PRETTY IN PINK PARTY MIX from Tiny Kitchen Capers
ROASTED BEET AND WHITE BEAN HUMMUS from Crumb Top Baking
IT’S A GIRL BABY SHOWER CAKE from The Sugar Coated Cottage
MELTING MOMENTS COOKIES WITH RASPBERRY BUTTERCREAM from Sugar Salt Magic
STRAWBERRY MOUSSE CUPS from The Beach House Kitchen
ROSE RASPBERRY LYCHEE CUPCAKES from Sift & Simmer
VANILLA GLAZED BAKED DONUTS from Girl Heart Food
CHOCOLATE ROSE TRUFFLES from The Love of Cakes
PRETTY IN PINK PARFAITS from Six Snippets
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS from The Itsy-Bitsy Kitchen
STRAWBERRY ROSE CAKE DONUTS from Ben’s Havoc in the Kitchen
NO CHURN STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM from Kitchen@Hoskins
STRAWBERRY SCONES from 31 Daily
FRESH RASPBERRY MOUSSE from Better With Biscuits
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE CUPCAKES from Nourish and Fete
VANILLA DONUTS WITH PINK GLAZE from Sweet Little Baker
STRAWBERRY SOUFFLÉS WITH FRESH STRAWBERRIES from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
NO CHURN STRAWBERRY SHORT CAKE ICE CREAM from The Baking Chocolatess
Thanks for joining the party and I hope you enjoyed all of these fun recipes!
Kim Lange| The Baking ChocolaTess says
What a beautiful cake! Even better that it’s pink! 🙂 Pinning!
Thank you Kim!
This cake is so elegant and almost too pretty to eat. I love the touch of white chocolate that you added too.
Hi Cyn, Thank you very much!
What a stunning layer cake! Looks exactly like you’d find a fine bakery!!!
Thanks Liz 🙂
Kelsie | the itsy-bitsy kitchen says
This is a show-stopper of a cake! And I kind of want it for my birthday this year :). YUM!
Hi Kelsie! Thanks, it would make a perfect bday cake as well 🙂 . Take care.
Stephanie @31Daily says
Absolutely stunning! The prettiest pink cake ever!
Hi Stephanie! Thank you very much 🙂 Take care.
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen says
What an absolutely GORGEOUS cake Stacey! So befitting of a special celebration!
Hi Mary Ann! Thank you very much. Take care.
What a stunning cake! I’m pinning this! The layers are perfect! Can’t wait to try your recipe 🙂
Hi Michelle! Thank you very much! Take care.
Lisa | Tiny Kitchen Capers says
This is just stunning! Beautifully decorated but not overdone! I wish I was there to sample it!
Hi Lisa! Thank you. lol I wish I could sample through the monitor, Id never leave the computer 😉 . Take care.
Oh my goodness, Stacey! You literally take the cake on this one. What a gorgeous cake for the celebration – bravo!
Hi Lily! Thanks so much 😉 Take care.
This is a beautiful Cake!! Just to let you know your link on the baby shower post goes to a 404 message thing! I don’t want anyone to miss this amazing cake!
Hi Patrick! Thank you so much. I appreciate you letting me know about the 404 message, I caught it right away and alerted Kelly, she sent out a revised address for folks to update but its possible not everyone got it. If you’d be so kind to update 😉 here is the corrected address – https://www.thesugarcoatedcottage.com/its-a-girl-baby-shower-cake-and-virtual-baby-shower/ . Take care.
Katherine | Love In My Oven says
I was so excited to see you were making a cake for the shower!! Your cakes are always so stunning, and this is no exception!! You’re amazing! THANK YOU so much for the honor – I feel so lucky!! I so appreciate your efforts, Stacey. Much love to you!! XO
Hi Katherine! Awww you are too kind and the honor was mine. I felt very lucky to participate in your shower! Thrilled you love the cake and again congrats!! Take care.
I love your layer cakes Stacey! And this one is just too pretty to look at! Love the beautiful piping details all around it 🙂
Hi Deepika! Thank you so much! Piping is the fun part 😉 . Take care.
Leanne | Crumb Top Baking says
This is stunning Stacey! So nicely decorated, and that frosting looks yummy! I’ll take a piece with extra frosting please!!
Hi Leanne! Thank you. I wish I could send one on over to you, extra frosting is how I like it to. Take care.
This is so very pretty, Stacey!
Hi Annie! Thank you so much! Take care.
Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats says
This is absolutely the most GORGEOUS cake!! You are so amazing and talented! Thank you for baking this for our party!!
Hi Kelly, Thank you very much! Im so happy you thought to include me and am thankful for all the work you put into such a great and successful event. Take care.
Oh, this is such a pretty cake Stacey and gorgeous piping. I really need to learn how to pipe like that
Hi Marie! Thank you, piping is so much fun once you get the hang of it 😉 . Take care.
Wow, just wow!! This is stunning Stacey!! I really wish I could have a piece right now!!
Hi Valerie! Thanks so much 🙂 . So glad you like it. Take care.
Kim | Give it Some Thyme says
What a beautiful and stunning cake!! Perfect for a baby shower expecting a girl! You’re so talented!
Hi Kim! Thank you for your kind words! Im so happy you like the cake. 🙂 Take care.
Awwww, another sweet post dedicated to the Love In My Oven lady, I love it! How sweet of you. Speaking of sweet, how sweet does that cake look! I don’t usually make cakes but this one looks too tempting to pass up! Gorgeous photography too!
Hi Christina, Thanks so much!! This was a great occasion. It was loads of fun to photograph (and eat lol ) . Take care.
This looks fantastic! Maybe I’m just I little blind, but I’m not seeing a recipe here! Where can I find it? Thanks!
Hi Julia! Thank you very much!! You are not blind! I’m so glad you contacted me, I must have made an edit to my code that inadvertently wiped out the recipe. I have updated the post, recipe is now there. Take care. 🙂
Yay! Thanks Stacey! Now I know where to go when I need to use all those extra egg whites from ice cream! =)
This cake is so cute. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Stacey. Pinning 🙂
Hi Puja, Thanks so much, so happy you like it. Take care.
Debbie Wright says
This beautiful cake would be an adorable edible centerpiece for any baby shower!! #adorable
Hi Debbie! Thank you so much! I love your idea of this for a baby shower 🙂 . Take care.