Gingery Ginger Snap Cookies. Full of ginger, crinkled to perfection and coated in sanding sugar. If ever there was a holiday cookie this is it!
I’m a true lover of Christmas but this year its like times 10. Im sure my daughters enthusiasm is contagious so we got the tree up, are listening to christmas music and I am all about the holidays in my baking. Which is where these Gingery Ginger Snap Cookies come in. If ever there was a cookie that tasted like the holidays this is it!! Warm spices, molasses, double ginger (gah!!) and a fabulous crusting of sugar crystals. Just look at these, is there anything better than that crinkle we’ve got going on?
I think the pics speak for themselves here guys so I am going to leave you to it and all the wonderful things you are doing to prepare for your perfect holiday! Make sure these cookies are on the list.
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here you go! Thank you.
Gingery Ginger Snap Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment set aside
- In bowl of mixer add the brown sugar, oil, molasses and egg.
- Mix until completely combined, about 3 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, dried ginger, cloves, salt and cinnamon.
- With mixer on low slowly add in the flour mixture and fresh grated ginger.
- Mix until combined.
- Form into 1 1/2 inch balls by rolling between palms (I used a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop)
- Roll in sanding sugar
- Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-12 minutes.
- Cool completely, store in airtight container.