Double Chocolate Ganache Sandwich Cookie Recipe. Creamy chocolate ganache truffle filling sandwiched between two crispy chocolate cookies.
I don’t have a whole to say today folks! Im not sure if my brain is hibernating or Im just not feeling chatty. But I will tell you about these cookies!
Chocolate sugar cookies are special! They take a few added steps of refrigeration in between steps but its worth it! Crispy, sweet and chocolatey. Honestly these could be eaten all by themselves if you wanted to. They would be treat enough!
But since Valentines is right around the corner I thought it would be nice to make these super special with smooth, creamy, rich ganache (the same filling in chocolate truffles). Not only do the cookies with the ganache taste amazing together but the crispy texture of the cookie with the creamy ganache filling is a match made in heaven!
To make these cookies look special I dipped one side in chocolate and then sprinkled them with SprinklePop’s Perfectly Purple Mix, so pretty!! I just love the variety of sizes, shapes and purple hues in this mix!
Here are some of the products used to make these cookies. Whether you are interested in buying through the link or just want a visual of what to look for see below. (Please note some of the links below are affiliate links which means if you purchase from the link I get a small commission. I use these products and stand behind them which is why I chose to tell you about them. Thank you for your supporting this blog. )
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is!! Thanks.
Double Chocolate Ganache Sandwich Cookies
- 2 1/3 + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips melted
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- GARNISH optional:
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate melted
- Sprinkles of choice
- Put flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl and mix to combine.
- In bowl of mixer cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the sugar and mix until pale yellow.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- With mixer on medium slowly drizzle in the melted chocolate, continue mixing until fully combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With mixer on low speed slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until well combined and dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and form into a bowl and flatten into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.
- When ready to roll out place dough between two pieces of parchment and roll out to 1/4 inch thick.
- Transfer dough to refrigerator and chill for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut out cookies and place on parchment lined baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Transfer to refrigerator for 15 minutes to stiffen up the dough.
- Bake until cookies are slightly firm to the touch. About 10 minutes.
- Let cook completely.
- Bring heavy cream to just a boil, pour over chocolate in a small mixing bowl.
- Let set for 60 seconds, start stirring in small circular motions until chocolate starts to melt.
- Stir in larger circles to fully mix the chocolate and heavy cream until ganache forms. *
- Let cool slightly.
- Layout your cookie pairs (tops and bottoms).
- On the bottom cookie spoon on ganache leaving a 1/4 inch edge around the cookie.
- Place the top cookie on and press slightly together.
- Repeat with all the cookies.
- Let set until ganache is fully set, 3 hours minimum.
- GARNISH (optional):
- Have your cookies in front of you.
- Dip one side of cookie into melted chocolate**
- Lay on parchment lined cookie sheet, sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Repeat with all cookies sandwiches.
- Let set completely.
**If your bowl is not deep enough to cover the whole half of the cookie tilt the cookie slightly to the side so the chocolate covers to the middle.
*** I used Wilton 3 inch heart cookie cutter
****If keeping these cookies in a cool place allow to come to room temperature before serving so the ganache is softer.
Leanne | Crumb Top Baking says
These cookies are so pretty Stacey! The ganache filling sounds wonderful and the purple sprinkles are such a lovely choice. A nice change from all the pink and red for Valentine’s Day! And I love dipping cookies in chocolate! It makes them look fancy, and you can’t go wrong with extra chocolate!!;)
Thank you Leanne! Im thrilled you like the cookies and agree with you, that little dip of chocolate adds some fancy! Take care.
Katherine | Love In My Oven says
Gorgeous photos! I love that purple, SO much. Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Hi Katherine! Thank you, the purple is my favorite part with the dark chocolate brown background! Take care.
These are just beautiful. Sometimes it’s tricky to find words to fill a page but your photos do all the talking here. Stunning!
Hi Marie, thank you! Exactly, I let the pics do the work for me this time 🙂 .
No extra words are needed when you present us with a recipe like this! Holy moly these cookies look fantastic! And your photos are simply stunning! Pinning!
Thanks Christina! Agreed, the cookies speak for themselves :-). Take care.
Ashika | Gardening Foodie says
These cookies look so pretty Stacey. I love the purple sprinkles. Sandwiched with chocolate ganache, these must taste absolutely amazing. I cannot wait to try.
Thank you for the delicious recipe 🙂
Hi Ashika! Thank you very much. Im big on purple to, especially with chocolate brown color. Take care. 🙂
I’d love a piece with my tea. Looks really good.
Hi Puja! Thank you, tea would be perfect with these cookies. Take care.
Thao @ In Good flavor says
These are so pretty. I don’t want anything for Valentine’s Day, but I think I might want these for a treat!
Hi Thao! Thanks! I like treats for valentines day over gifts to, it must be the foodie in us 😉 . Take care.
These are the prettiest Valentine Day cookies! Love the purple sprinkles! A decked up chocolate cookie is perfect to celebrate love 🙂
Hi Deepika! Thank you! The color combo is one of my favorite parts and agreed, chocolate says love for sure 😉 . Take care.
Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop says
Gorgeous! I am always amazed by your creations. These cookies look beautiful and delicious!
Thanks Kathy, so glad you you like these 🙂 . Take care.
These cookies look so pretty!! And all that chocolate. Just wow! I am in love with the sprinkles show here. 😉 Also I have to ask you where do you get your sprinkles from. Are they from sweetapolita? Your cookies are simply gorgeous in purple!
Hi Neha! Thanks, Im sorry for the delay in response, I have been out sick. The sprinkles came from Sprinkle Pop. They have some really great assortments and color combos! Take care.
Oh! I hope you are doing well now. Thanks. 🙂
I am :-). Thanks.
Beautiful, truly beautiful !
Thank you so much 🙂 . Take care.
Everything you touch is so gosh darn pretty! And gimme all the chocolate, please! 🙂
Thanks Annie! Can never go wrong with chocolate! Take care.
Stephanie | 31 Daily says
Stacey, these are amazing. I was looking for a recipe with ganache just a few days ago. I didn’t find what I was looking for until now. These look incredibly delicious. Have pinned and will be baking soon!
Hi Stephanie! Thanks so much, I’m glad you like the cookies and the ganache recipe 🙂 . Take care.