Cream Cheese Raspberry Almond Crescents. Only 5 ingredients make these simple and super delicious.
So here’s the story, I always have a story. You see I wasn’t planning on doing a blog post of these at all. My family was coming over for breakfast. It was just a simple eggs and bacon breakfast but I wanted to add something sweet to the mix. I called my mom to tell her I was going to go pick up some of those pre made (yet delicious), ready for the oven cinnamon rolls. To which she replied, “sure, thats fine, I don’t like cinnamon rolls but I will just eat eggs and bacon”. The “in a hurry” side of me was ready to accept that but the hostess side of me couldn’t. So I needed a plan B which would now replace the plan A cinnamon roll idea. Oh, did I mention everyone would be over in 30 minutes?
I started brain storming, I had cream cheese, raspberry jam and almond pastry filling. I ran to the store, grabbed a roll of crescents. Came home and feverishly mixed the cheese, jam and almond filling together. Unrolled the crescents, added a dollop to the wide end of each, folded in the pastry corners, rolled up, pinched the open edges closed and sprinkled with sugar. Put in the oven, set the timer for 12 minutes. Then…prayed, because honestly I wasn’t sure how this was going to go. I didn’t research this idea, there wasn’t time, I just went with it. Were they going to be doughy, dry, burned, mushy? You get the picture.
They smelled excellent! The timer went off. They looked good, nice and golden brown. Everyone was already at the table, no time to taste test. I layered them all in on a plate, piping hot. I set them down and ran back to the kitchen to pull the second round of bacon out of the pan. Then I start to hear it, oohs, ahh’s, Mmmm’s, I assumed it was for the bacon, lol. But no, it was for the crescents. I grabbed one, took a bite and everyone was right. They were awesome, not just good but buttery, flakey, warm, sweet, AWESOME! Everyone had seconds and I had no left overs. And only 5 ingredients!! That’s a success in my book. So I had to share it with the world or anyone who checks out my blog.
I could taste the butter in the crescent, the little hint of salt (because the crescent is more of a savory roll for dinner, not a sweet roll if you didn’t know). The warm, gooey center, the raspberry and almond flavors but keeping it from going too sweet is the excellent balance brought by the cream cheese.
With only 5 ingredients and 12 minutes in the oven these are a winner all the way around!
Cream Cheese Raspberry Almond Cresents
- 1 pkg of 8 crescent rolls
- 2 oz's of cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp raspberry jam seedless
- 2 Tbsp almond pastry filling
- Sugar for dusting optional
- Preheat oven per crescent roll package instructions. (Pillsbury was 350 degrees, for 9-12 min)
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl add cream cheese, jam and almond filling. Mix well. You may have to smash the cream cheese with back of spoon in bowl to soften up first. You will see small cream cheese chunks even when mixed. This is fine.
- Unroll crescents and divide from perforated edge.
- Place a dollop of filling onto the wide end of each triangle.
- Fold corners over and roll up. Pinch any open ends closed really good to avoid filling from oozing out. Some may still ooze, this is ok, there will be plenty left inside.
- Dust with sugar (optional)
- Bake per crescent roll per manufacturers instructions. Pillsbury is 350 degrees for non stick pan for 9-12 minutes. My oven baked these best at 12 minutes.