Simple Maple Pecan Pie with Cinnamon Whipped Cream. A simple to make traditional pie for any gathering.
I’m a little dumbfounded, is Thanks Giving really here? You know that feeling where you think you still have 2 weeks to plan and prepare and in a blink of any eye it’s here? That’s right where I am today.
If you are like me and time has caught up to you then this is the recipe you’ve been waiting for. Simple Maple Pecan Pie with Cinnamon Whipped Cream, with just a handful of ingredients you’ll wow your guests with a delicious homemade pie. I gave this pie away to my mom so I would stop eating it. She handed it out to folks she works with and one person told her that it was just like his moms and another said it was just like their grandmas. So it must be good because no one throws around words like “as good as” and then combine it with “mom” and “grandmas” unless they mean it right? I was truly flattered and humbled.
So let’s do the break down. You’ll need two disks of pie dough, either your favorite recipe or store bought. Then your going to take pure maple syrup (yum!!), a little water, cornstarch, pat of butter and some pecans for the filling and BAM! Done!! Well of course there are a few steps in between but you get my point.
Now the cinnamon whipped cream, made of heavy cream, sugar and cinnamon, is totally optional but so worth the extra 30 seconds!
As we head into Thanks Giving know that I am wishing all of you a wonderful holiday with lots of good food!!
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here you go! Thank you.
- Crust dough for a 2-crust (top and bottom) pie (your favorite recipe or store bought). rolled out and ready to be used.
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cold water
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup salted pecans chopped
- WHIP (optional):
- ½ heavy whipped cream
- 1 Tbsp confectioners sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- GARNISH (optional):
- 8 pecan halves to go on top of whipped cream dollops
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F
- Place cookie sheet in the oven while heating up.
- Set aside 8" pie plate
- Lay bottom crust into pie plate, cut off any over hang, set aside.
- In medium sauce pan add the cornstarch and water, stir.
- Add the maple syrup.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, then cook 1 additional minute, stirring.
- Add butter, stir to combine.
- Pour into dough line pie shell.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Cover with top crust, seal the edges.
- Place pie plate onto warmed cookie sheet. (this helps the bottom crust bake up nicely)
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- In the bowl of mixer our in the heavy cream.
- Start whipping on high, sprinkle in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix until the mixture resembles whipped cream.
- When ready to serve add to pastry bag and pipe a dollop on each slice and garnish with pecan half.