Blueberry Cheesecake Mousse
Blueberry Cheesecake Mousse! Smooth, creamy, sweet and decadent. With only a few ingredients you can make this luxurious mousse in minutes.
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream room temp
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream chilled
- 2 tsp Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Vanilla Extract or vanilla of your choice
1. Put frozen blueberries in the sauce pan and mash them up. 2. Add sugar and salt to the blueberries and cook on medium heat. This makes the blueberry jam base. The juices of the blueberries and the sugar will cook down and thicken. Once reduced by half let cool completely.3. Make sure both sour cream and cream cheese are at room temp. Mix well with whisk attachment into the blueberry mixture. Mixture should be creamy.4. Whip up the heavy cream (heavy cream should be cold) in bowl of mixer using the whisk attachment until soft peaks form. 5. Add your Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Vanilla or vanilla of your choice. Mix it into the whipped cream.6. Fold whipped cream into the blueberry mixture until fully mixed together and mousse has formed.7. Once your Blueberry Cheesecake Mouse is ready to serve I highly recommend a piping bag to fill your glasses or meringues. A piping bag will insure that your mousse will go into each vessel very cleanly and look nice and clean.8. Mousse can be served at room temp. However for storing should be refrigerated as it contains a good amount of dairy.