Peppermint Bark No Churn Ice Cream! Cold, creamy ice cream with pieces of cool, chocolately peppermint bark swirled in.
Happy Friday! I feel like I need to say that because for me this week has moved about as fast as molasses, anyone else out there feel me?
But since its Friday, since I’m all about peppermint this week and since I needed a serious pick me up Peppermint Bark No Churn Ice Cream is in order!
I don’t think I will ever get over how easy no churn ice cream is! My poor ice cream maker is gathering dust up on the high shelf all alone but thats what happens when real life calls for simplicity. For this Peppermint Bark No Churn variety I whipped up the heavy cream, folded in the sweetened condensed milk, followed by a little vanilla, some mini chocolate chips. Finally, last but no least, the peppermint bark. I chose to layer this in the pan so each scoop promised bits of peppermint bark. So I pour in a little ice cream mix, layered broken bark on top, added another layer to ice cream, another layer of bark, one more layer of ice cream followed by the last layer of peppermint bark. Bam! Done!
One thing to note. As you can see I bought my peppermint bark. I used the Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark squares which I absolutely love (no, this is not a sponsored post, I just love these little squares). They helped save me some time but if you want to make homemade peppermint bark that would work just fine to and be just as good!
Nothing beats a cool frosty treat anytime of the year!
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is! Thanks!
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1-14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1- bag of Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark squares broken into pieces (or bark of your choice)
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips (more for sprinkling on top for garnish)
- crushed candy cane for serving (optional)
- Chocolate sauce (optional) for serving
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl of mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip up heavy cream until whipped cream forms.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour ⅓ ice cream mixture into prepared pan.
- Lay bark pieces on top.
- Repeat two more times, sprinkle top with mini chocolate chips.
- Freeze until frozen.
- When serving you can drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkle with crushed candy cane for garnish (optional)