Double Chocolate Ganache Sandwich Cookie Recipe. Creamy chocolate ganache truffle filling sandwiched between two crispy chocolate cookies.
I don’t have a whole to say today folks! Im not sure if my brain is hibernating or Im just not feeling chatty. But I will tell you about these cookies!
Chocolate sugar cookies are special! They take a few added steps of refrigeration in between steps but its worth it! Crispy, sweet and chocolatey. Honestly these could be eaten all by themselves if you wanted to. They would be treat enough!
But since Valentines is right around the corner I thought it would be nice to make these super special with smooth, creamy, rich ganache (the same filling in chocolate truffles). Not only do the cookies with the ganache taste amazing together but the crispy texture of the cookie with the creamy ganache filling is a match made in heaven!
To make these cookies look special I dipped one side in chocolate and then sprinkled them with SprinklePop’s Perfectly Purple Mix, so pretty!! I just love the variety of sizes, shapes and purple hues in this mix!
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here it is!! Thanks.
- 2⅓ + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips melted
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- GARNISH (optional):
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate melted
- Sprinkles of choice
- Put flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl and mix to combine.
- In bowl of mixer cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the sugar and mix until pale yellow.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- With mixer on medium slowly drizzle in the melted chocolate, continue mixing until fully combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With mixer on low speed slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until well combined and dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and form into a bowl and flatten into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.
- When ready to roll out place dough between two pieces of parchment and roll out to ¼ inch thick.
- Transfer dough to refrigerator and chill for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut out cookies and place on parchment lined baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Transfer to refrigerator for 15 minutes to stiffen up the dough.
- Bake until cookies are slightly firm to the touch. About 10 minutes.
- Let cook completely.
- Bring heavy cream to just a boil, pour over chocolate in a small mixing bowl.
- Let set for 60 seconds, start stirring in small circular motions until chocolate starts to melt.
- Stir in larger circles to fully mix the chocolate and heavy cream until ganache forms. *
- Let cool slightly.
- Layout your cookie pairs (tops and bottoms).
- On the bottom cookie spoon on ganache leaving a ¼ inch edge around the cookie.
- Place the top cookie on and press slightly together.
- Repeat with all the cookies.
- Let set until ganache is fully set, 3 hours minimum.
- GARNISH (optional):
- Have your cookies in front of you.
- Dip one side of cookie into melted chocolate**
- Lay on parchment lined cookie sheet, sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Repeat with all cookies sandwiches.
- Let set completely.
**If your bowl is not deep enough to cover the whole half of the cookie tilt the cookie slightly to the side so the chocolate covers to the middle.
*** I used Wilton 3 inch heart cookie cutter
****If keeping these cookies in a cool place allow to come to room temperature before serving so the ganache is softer.