Chocolate Drizzled Pistachio Watermelon Wedges. How to jazz up your watermelon wedges and make them even more delicious.
Sometimes the best ideas are the simplest and are the ones that nature helps facilitate. Because we are in August now 🙁 , we will be nearing the end of summer and I can’t seem to get enough fresh fruit. I think my subconscious knows we will be going into harvest season in a blink of an eye so I better get it while I can.
I do love seeing all the variations of watermelon wedges out there so I decided to make my own version and share it with you. I took step by step photos so you could see how easy this is and the recipients will love it!
I started with a 1 inch round slice and cut it into 6 wedges. I laid them out with about an inch between each other and removed the seeds. Next I melted some dark chocolate and white chocolate in separate bowls. And rough chopped and bowled some salted pistachios.
Starting with the white chocolate, I drizzled the wedges making sure to get enough on each wedge that there would be white chocolate with each bite. To drizzle I scooped a little white chocolate with a spoon and moved it side by side as dripped off.
Repeat with the dark chocolate.
Next sprinkle on the pistachios. The chocolate sets fast because the watermelon is cold. So you will need to move quickly. If you find your chocolate has already set you can add some chocolate to back of the pistachios and place them on the wedges.
Keep the wedges refrigerated until ready to serve. One note: do not stack the wedges on top of one another if you can avoid it. The moisture from the wedges on top will discolor the dark chocolate on the wedges underneath.
Enjoy making, sharing and eating these jazzed up Chocolate Drizzled Pistachio Watermelon Wedges.
Here are some of the products I used to make these Chocolate Drizzled Pistachio Watermelon Wedges:
Guittard White Chocolate – super rich and creamy, melts beautifully.
Guittard Dark Chocolate – Smooth and creamy, melts beautifully.
Pistachios – salted and already shelled. Please note at the time I provided this link the Amazon price is a bit high at $24 (just being honest), you can do much better at the grocery store but this link will let you see what kind I used and what to look for when you go shopping.
Please note some of the links above are affiliate links which means if you purchase from the link I get a small commission. I use these products and stand behind them which is why I chose to tell you about them. Thank you for your support.
FORGOT TO PIN IT? Here you go. Thanks.
- 1 - 1 inch thick watermelon wedge cut into 6 wedges
- ½ cup white chocolate melted
- ½ cup dark chocolate melted
- ¼ cup rough chopped salted pistachios
- Arrange wedges flat on a plate or platter.
- Working fast...
- Drizzle white chocolate over all the wedges, make sure to drizzle on enough so you get some with each bite.
- Drizzle dark chocolate over all the wedges, make sure to drizzle on enough so you get some with each bite.
- Sprinkle with the pistachios. If chocolate has begun to set you can put some melted chocolate on the back of the pistachios and place them on the wedges.
- Refrigerate until ready to server.
- One note: do not stack the wedges on top of one another if you can avoid it. The moisture from the wedges on top will discolor the dark chocolate on the wedges underneath.